• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Yeah, but, no offense, I haven't exactly heard great things about Superior Arms.

As a general rule, for a good AR reciever(i.e. Stag, RRA, Bushmaster, etc.)
, you should pay about $250-$300. Of course, that's assuming you can't find a good bargain. But then you have add another $500 or so to the price of a complete upper reciever, and the cost of a buttstock, which could be as much as $100, depending on what you want.

I actually just got an AR a few months ago. An RRA National Match. I haven't been able to get out to the range a lot with it, so I really don't know what it's capable of, but it's done pretty darn well from what I've used of it(especially considering the fact that I REALLY need to go get my eyes checked out). The prices on guns are a little steep in my area(MD), so I paid about $1200 for it, but it typically goes for $1000 or $1100.

And, before you ask, I'll try and take pics of the collection and post them up tonight or tomorrow.

No offense taken. I don't know anything about AR receivers anyway. I'm an AK guy. I own one in 7.62 and one in 5.45. If I ever do buy an AR it will be a complete rifle.

They also have a Stag receiver for $10 more.

Upvote 0
Not that it's a competition, at least I hope not as I'd wouldn't even be in the running considering some of the collections I've seen!

My lot, the Russians:
russians2.JPG

The Germans:
germans2.JPG

The rest:
misc.JPG

No change since I got the G43, been saving up to pay for a big dentist bill :(

They let you own stuff like that in New Zealand? I thought that country was pretty restrictive on guns.

Upvote 0
NZ is odd... from what bas has said you can own the full auto but you cannot fire it.... never asked about the semi-auto and bolt action...

Semi-auto's and the bolt actions are fine (you can see videos on my site). Some pistols are ok too but that depends on the licence they are on. The Luger and P.38 etc are on the collectors licence so not for shooting. My Beretta 92 will be on my pistol licence (when it comes through) so that'll be for shooting.

The MG's can be shot with blanks at re-enactors events though.

Upvote 0
A little OT, but relevant:

Anyone know if a standard German 98k bayonet will fit correctly on a Vz.24? I've seen some on ebay that were "modified" with the ring cut/grinded off to fit the Vz24. I'm wondering if this is because the front sight is in the way of the bayonet ring, or if it was for some other reason?

Upvote 0