• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

Got my 1943 M38 back! I traded it off a couple years ago for another rifle. I'm glad I could get it back! I've never posted a pic of it here by it's self. So here you go. It is in an original M38 stock. They never even cut notches for barrel band removal.

43M38-1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
18 kilos? That's quite a lot. How many arrows can you send down range before you're exhausted?

I'm only starting, really, so I do between 6 to 8 series of 9 arrows for each arm (I'm a natural leftie, but shoot with both arms with pretty much the same results; the left is just easier on the draw). So that's a little over a ton for each arm for my average series.

Like I said, I'm only just starting and not very well built, to be honest, so at first I did struggle a bit to draw if comfortably. Now, I've already figured out the proper technique and can get fairly satisfactory (to me, at this stage) some 30 cm groupings from ca. 20 m with my 6 carbon arrows. The remaining 3 are heavier wooden arrows, and not matched, either, so they usually end up outside the grouping.

I like the physical aspect of it all. Makes me really happy when I get back home (especially given the fact that I have to haul the 122 diametre straw target over a distance of some 500 metres there and back

Upvote 0