• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

cool.

so let me get this straight though, instead of say how the p38/vz58/p1 work where they whole slide recoils, then the lugs drop out then it unlocks and opens to eject the round. This model rotates the barrel to unlock the lugs? Thats quite interesting, I've never heard of a pistol that does that. How similar is it in function to say an AK rotating bolt?

edit, btw, nice m1 garand, me jelly.

Upvote 0
So let me get this straight. Instead of say, how the p38/vz58/p1 work where they whole slide recoils, then the lugs drop out then it unlocks and opens to eject the round. This model rotates the barrel to unlock the lugs? Thats quite interesting, I've never heard of a pistol that does that. How similar is it in function to say an AK rotating bolt?

I haven't had it apart yet, but from what I've seen it's sort of like the outer sleeve of a Swiss k31 bolt. Except the slide has the guide grooves, and the lugs are on the barrel. The lugs follow a short section of angled groove, one of them can be seen in the open slide pic above, and then follow a straight section for the rest of the cycle before spinning the barrel back into place at the end.

I took it to the range yesterday, and it functioned flawlessly. Here is a video.
French MAB P-15 Pistol 9x19mm - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
P38 made by Walther in 1943. With 1943 dated holster:

29521639.jpg

57739569.jpg

74882537.jpg

77571123.jpg

74210526.jpg

63391043.jpg

Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
Dunno if I ever posted in this thread (I don't really frequent these forums these days), but here's my two rifles (large pics seem to be OK judging by the above posts):

sMkX7.jpg

June 1944 Fazakerly No.4 Mk.I, with the Mk.I Singer backsight. All matching though it has pieces from pretty much every factory, may have been a case of the factory using spare parts before producing new ones (Maltby and I think BSA did this a lot, but Fazakerly not as much). At any rate it's in pretty nice condition and was a steal by Australian standards, this was my first rifle.

And the most recent arrival, which I picked up Friday:

BILD0615.jpg

Money shot:

ZKe1B.jpg

1944 ST-block all-matching Izhevsk 91/30 sniper, not counterbored (and the bore is amazing), metal is not refinished (just patched in a few minor areas with the infamous black paint, which is wearing off just from handling so I'll probably remove it as carefully as possible), new stock was installed during refurb when they de-snipered it. I plan on picking up a 1944 PU and restoring it to its original state (and if anyone finds one serialled B-143713, please let me know! :p)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My white whale is a side-mount 91/30 PEM. Sadly they are also the rarest of the sniper rifle variants and one of the rarer Mosins full stop :(

Sucks that you live in Australia, then. I know where there are (or were recently, anyway) quite a few for sale, but minus the scope and base. Still have the holes, still have the bolt, all in matching un-refurbed condition. They're a little raggedy - all the hand-picks are gone - but they're still all-original PEM's.

Upvote 0
You don't need to tell me twice. I'm out of here the moment I can afford it.

PU rifles are 2,500 here on a good day. Repros made up with infantry rifles and repro scopes and mounts are 1,100+. My rifle was 575, 1944 PU from Ukraine was ~400, so when all is said and done I expect it to work out the same.

Even the most run-of-the-mill 91/30 will seldom go cheaper than $300 here. I hate this place with a passion.

Upvote 0
I got myself a Chinese Chiang kai chek mauser rifle(the type 1)

ff001e.jpg

Bad image quality, better photo's coming soon. I am gonna register this rifle because i always wanted to shoot my own 7.92x57mm Mauser rifle, but i refuse to use german mausers because of german bias in belgium!
The rifle itself is in great condition, the barrel is also in great condition. The bolt is not serial matched tough, but i dont see any headspace, but i am gonna get it checked by a proper gunsmith before i take it to the range. With a bit of luck i can shoot this baby in a few months on the range :)

As for ammo, i got myself a box of 7.62x51mm NATO blanks. Blanks you might say of a diffrent calibre? yeah these work on the mauser rifle because of the plastic casings.(Hows the law regarding blanks in other countries?)

As for live ammo, the local gun shop has several types of mauser ammo. The ones that REALLY catched my eye was not post war produced german, belgian or isreali ammo

But the Yugoslavian produced Mauser ammo! I mean, the quality of construction is excellent. I was very amazed by it!

He has Pvri, Post war german, isreali and Yugoslavian produced 7.92x57MM IS. All are well sealed and in excellent condition. Anyone who has experience with these military surplus ammo?

The yugoslavian ammo looks the best, is also packaged the best and is the cheapest,but i am not sure if it has corrosive primers.

Its a good thing he has a large quantity because i cant buy any now. have to await my new license to arrive in 2-3 months

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As for live ammo, the local gun shop has several types of mauser ammo. The ones that REALLY catched my eye was not post war produced german, belgian or isreali ammo

But the Yugoslavian produced Mauser ammo! I mean, the quality of construction is excellent. I was very amazed by it!

He has Pvri, Post war german, isreali and Yugoslavian produced 7.92x57MM IS. All are well sealed and in excellent condition. Anyone who has experience with these military surplus ammo?

The yugoslavian ammo looks the best, is also packaged the best and is the cheapest,but i am not sure if it has corrosive primers.

Its a good thing he has a large quantity because i cant buy any now. have to await my new license to arrive in 2-3 months

I have thousands of rounds of 50's to 70's Yugo 7,92mm. I've fired about 600 rounds of it so far. I've never had a failure to fire, or a hang fire out of any of it. Except in one of my Turkish M1893 7,92mm converted Mausers, but it had a weak firing pin spring (since replaced). I've also shot about 100 rounds of my Romanian 7,92 with the same results.

All of these surplus rounds are corrosive and rifles should be cleaned accordingly. It's not bad though. Just clean right after you shoot, and you'll be fine. I've seen plenty of muzzle loaders at the gun shop were people didn't clean them right. You don't want to let one sit.

Upvote 0