• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Day Z, a zombie survival mod for ARMA2

It seems the zombie gods have giveth to you. :) Lucky,lucky.

Well considering I had killed 15 zombies for a toolbox and nothing else running around with no ammo, it was the least the game could have done for me.

I had to probably kill 50 zombies with that car before I managed to get a weapon and ammo again.

Too bad when I finally ran out of fuel for it was in the most heat of the moment spot. Some bandit opened fire on me in the pitch black night and I had no way of escaping him.

Don't know how he found me so quickly though in the dark while prone. Must have had his gamma cranked.

Upvote 0
my experience:

spawn
look around a bit "cool i think to myself"
see a player getting chased by 5-6 zombies
help him kill them
he says "thanks"
i turn around
he shoots me and takes my stuff
i like this game...

Only problem with it thought is that there are too many people out there trying to be the edgy grim dark bandit. Once i get my gear, imma be a really nice helpful survivor :D

Upvote 0
my experience:

spawn
look around a bit "cool i think to myself"
see a player getting chased by 5-6 zombies
help him kill them
he says "thanks"
i turn around
he shoots me and takes my stuff
i like this game...

Only problem with it thought is that there are too many people out there trying to be the edgy grim dark bandit. Once i get my gear, imma be a really nice helpful survivor :D

I just wish you didn't get negative humanity for self preservation when another survivor starts shooting at you.

You either die being the Survivor, or live long enough to see yourself become the Bandit.

Upvote 0
this mod has great potential. there's 1,5 pages of full servers in the browser, it sometimes takes ages to join.
i've been playing it the last two nights, mostly trying to survive on my own as people can't be trusted. had some good runs, some ended because i ran out of ammo, most because some douchebag survivors killed me (it seems having a huge backpack is a plea for a bullet).
i'll have to convince some of my friends who already own the game to give day z a try, in a small group of 4-6 trustworthy people this mod must be truly epic.

one of my clannies just got me into this as well.

Seems enough of us.. should try and make a RO/KF group and pal around together.. security in mass.. if you can trust the people you're with

why not simply add a [RO|KF]-tag in front of our names? at least those who want to play with honor ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm playing this and practically nothing else at the moment, awesome.

Last night I found myself with no ammo, so the only thing left to do was run, run, and run some more.

I was up in the hills on my own North of Elektraoski or whatever its called.
By the time I reached the town I had about 10 Zombies after me.
I headed East to the other large town Chernogorsk picking up Zed's along the way, I passed through a village where some poor bugger had lit a flare to see what he was doing, he saw me coming and fired off a few shots thinking to help me when it dawned on him that it was probably not a good thing to do, he legged it...

I continued on my route with about 20 odd Z's hot on my tail, by the time I reached Chernogorsk, I must of had, "I don't know how many" Zombies after my blood.
A couple of turns around the industrial area, (by this time I was very thirsty and needed to eat) but it was impossible to stop for a snack, so I climbed up one of the chimney stacks, in the hope that I would have time to eat and drink and get on the chat to ask for help.

No way Hosay, they all climbed up and ate me alive.
Defiantly one of the funniest game moments I've ever experienced.

If some of you guys want to band together to play and are using Steam, it so happens that I have a Gentleman's Zombie Club that I created a couple of years ago. I haven't even looked at it for ages, so I'll open it up to RO forum people so you can get together if you wish.

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ROL4D[/URL]

It should be pretty much open, I've just changed the settings, join if you wish, I personally do not use the Steam overlay to play ArmA.

Tag your selfs ROL4D so we know who's who.

Have fun.
Boneboys.

I have a preference for EU9 server run by =BoB= clan, it uses tweaked Normal play settings, no x-hair for example.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
INTACT? All I've ever found is 3 UAZs with no wheels and no parts whatsoever. Though my group did manage to get the first one running but we couldn't find 1 last wheel and since then we haven't been able to get back on that server.

For the most part. It needed scrap and a new wheel though I had two spare and four jerry cans of fuel.

Upvote 0
First character went into the city, then saw a survivor i did not fire even though I had a clear shot, followed him then lost him, then saw something moving in the distance, boom dead...

Second character ran into the woods at start, found supplies and a map in a city, ignored some zombies then made my way to cherno, got attacked by a zombie on the way but killed him, then went to the ocean for water, saw a group of survivors and was going to join them, I noticed a bandit following them, we killed each other, he was very upset he was one of top players and apparently friendly, but how can I trust a bandit?

Overall the game is fun but its probably better in a group.

Upvote 0
First character went into the city, then saw a survivor i did not fire even though I had a clear shot, followed him then lost him, then saw something moving in the distance, boom dead...

Second character ran into the woods at start, found supplies and a map in a city, ignored some zombies then made my way to cherno, got attacked by a zombie on the way but killed him, then went to the ocean for water, saw a group of survivors and was going to join them, I noticed a bandit following them, we killed each other, he was very upset he was one of top players and apparently friendly, but how can I trust a bandit?

Overall the game is fun but its probably better in a group.
Much better with other people.

Upvote 0