• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Day Z, a zombie survival mod for ARMA2

I'm waiting for the next patch,,, 1.5.7 has not been a happy affair.

I've been playing nearly all day.
Unfortunately making any worthwhile progress in game is pretty much broken.
Some people are claiming that the new zombie count/spawn is great and "if you don't like it go play L4D you *ucking noob/pussy", or whatever...

Such a shame that they did not take the time to read Rocket's post stating that it was not intended.

I saw one guy saying he went into a church with 17 kills and came out with something like 300, I can't find the post but its buried in the forums somewhere.
I think they were three, working together.

I thought that the greater zombie count might encourage people to work together a little more, think again, lots of spawn killing being reported.

Happy to say that I got my best Bandit kill tonight (he shot first), he had everything, map, watch, compass, knife, matches, blood, he even had some BeanZ :D.
Still playing.
Alpha is not beta.

I think the counts are fine, they just respawn way too quickly and in front of your eyes. Would be better if they respawned in the woods or something, and roamed their way from there to the town.
It's just that the gunshots attract the zombies way too easily, they should just start walking towards the sound location instead of full out running :\

Upvote 0
Well yesterday I logged in to try the new patch, immediately after respawn shot in the back and lost all of my stuff. I was in the middle of the map in the woods, what are the chances?

Anyway, I found some german guys streaming and the new zombie count looks ridiculous. It's ok if it was a one wave of 15 zombies, but new ones respawn before the others die essentially making it a death trap.

No thanks, I'm waiting for the next patch.

Upvote 0
It is impossible to secure a position in the current build.
Just holding out in the hills and coming down to raid & loot the towns or villages is over for the moment.

The game is about surviving, not a bot vs player DM.

Playing at night has become a "nightmare" before I would sneak into town to do my business, not no more.

Still a good game but a little broken at the moment.

Upvote 0
I'm waiting for the next patch,,, 1.5.7 has not been a happy affair.

I've been playing nearly all day.
Unfortunately making any worthwhile progress in game is pretty much broken.
Some people are claiming that the new zombie count/spawn is great and "if you don't like it go play L4D you *ucking noob/pussy", or whatever...

Such a shame that they did not take the time to read Rocket's post stating that it was not intended.

I saw one guy saying he went into a church with 17 kills and came out with something like 300, I can't find the post but its buried in the forums somewhere.
I think they were three, working together.

I thought that the greater zombie count might encourage people to work together a little more, think again, lots of spawn killing being reported.

Happy to say that I got my best Bandit kill tonight (he shot first), he had everything, map, watch, compass, knife, matches, blood, he even had some BeanZ :D.
Still playing.
Alpha is not beta.

I'm one of those who like the new Zombie count but I think they respawn too fast.
I was almost completely out of ammo (6 shots for my M4A3 CCO SD left, none for my revolver), completely out of bandages and no water left. I was alone because our group spawned all over the coast (we kept our equipment though) and we were to meet in Krasnostav.
I was outside Polana and the village was crawling with zombies. I managed to sneak to the nearest building and found some tin cans and a whiskey bottle.
I thought it was better than nothing and decided to use it to clear my way. I manged to get to the supermrket without being noticed by zombies - they were all walking towards the tin cans I'd thrown.
When I got to the supermarket there was one z inside and I shot him in the head.
I left the supermarket about 15min later with 10 magazines for my revolver, some bandages, plenty of soda and a few tin cans for the zeds.

When I got out of Polana I had killed only one zombie with a single SD round. It was awesome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This mod is awesome, hooked up with 5 other guys yesterday, we found a helicopter and went looking for spare parts, played a good 4 hours on NY4, team grew bigger along the way but then we separated because our ammo ran low.:)

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well it is bringing ARMA2 back alive, When I bought CO half a year ago there was little action MP wise, and I didn't really like it's gameplay so I quit. Now DayZ has given ARMA2 a whole different meaning :)

LOL @ Xendance's post, I saw something likewise playing out when I was observing a town with my binoculars, was a regular store though XD ... got that bastard later on. Bandits killed : 7 Murders : 0 Humanity : 3500 :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well it is bringing ARMA2 back alive, When I bought CO half a year ago there was little action MP wise, and I didn't really like it's gameplay so I quit. Now DayZ has given ARMA2 a whole different meaning :)

I've never notice that ArmA 2 was dead. I play MP campaigns with friends since 2010 and every week you get new missions, maps, weapons and other mods. There are also dozens of active communities playing online.

Upvote 0
I've never notice that ArmA 2 was dead. I play MP campaigns with friends since 2010 and every week you get new missions, maps, weapons and other mods. There are also dozens of active communities playing online.

Well in my experience it was, almost nobody I knew enjoyed it or played it so it was dead for me. The only person I knew who played ARMA actively was in a realism group and he told me most action is within those closed communities.

Upvote 0