• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Day Z, a zombie survival mod for ARMA2

Much better with other people.

Absolutely! I've been playing mostly alone for the first week but died quite a lot once I had good gear. Either because I was overly confident against zombies (that was before 1.5.6 broke spawns and 1500+ zombies/server were nothing unusual) or because a bandit tracked me down and sniped me.

After I teamed up with a few guys from a forum, I stopped dying so often and we made real progress. We're now a bunch of 8 people and growing so we're always at least three together when playing on the server we pitched our tents (yes tents, we have several of those in remote locations all over the map).

It's really great. Today we were ambushed in Berezino while we were searching the caf

Upvote 0
I thought I'd sit down and cook myself a steak and some, and some mother sniped me.
I'm pretty sure I know who it is, the hunt is on.
I'm going to track him across the servers.

Saw a car whiz by with a half dozen Z's chasing after it, lol, so I just picked up the gear laying around the village.

This is an Alpha, can't wait for the beta.

Upvote 0
Absolutely! I've been playing mostly alone for the first week but died quite a lot once I had good gear. Either because I was overly confident against zombies (that was before 1.5.6 broke spawns and 1500+ zombies/server were nothing unusual) or because a bandit tracked me down and sniped me.

After I teamed up with a few guys from a forum, I stopped dying so often and we made real progress. We're now a bunch of 8 people and growing so we're always at least three together when playing on the server we pitched our tents (yes tents, we have several of those in remote locations all over the map).

It's really great. Today we were ambushed in Berezino while we were searching the caf

Upvote 0
This mod has become too easy after I realized I can just let the game save while I'm at a military base, then just keep server hopping and keep looking for good loot. You'll eventually get all the good stuff.

This only covers some of the supplies you'll need though. Good weapons don't ensure a long living character.

You're also more likely to spawn alongside with bandits (who will promptly execute you before you get the opportunity to move).

Finally, you'd only have yourself to blame for breaking the game.

Upvote 0
If you come across bandits just abort and find another server. Even if you die, the game probably hasn't saved yet :) Plus I'm at the NW airfield and you hardly find anyone there. Most of the people prefer staying on shore and getting killed by bandits/zombie hordes.

Though, last night I came across the pack of TacticalGamer, proceeded to direct them to good weapons and supply them with ammo and they invited me to their TS. They had awesome gear like me(everyone with M4, M16, M249) and we had a quite an adventure. We gave some people at Stary Sabor heart attack when they saw 10 people with uber equipment approach them.

Needless to say, they just "disappeared"(quit the server) and probably went on to find another one.

Upvote 0
Gifted this through Steam last night to a "friend".

After placing the mod into the Steam/common/ArmAII folder in the traditional fashion = @dayz folder + addons folder, then using AlpineStars ArmAII launcher, his game is running fine.

The only thing he had to do before being able to play Dayz was run a vanilla game over the internet, (Domination).

So if anyone (new to ArmA) is getting disconnected trying to play this mod, join a on-line ArmA game once (I remember that there was a validation step for first time connection when the game came out) and you should be good to go.

GG

EDIT: It seems that some are having trouble using the updating tool,,, wait & see.

Thanks.

EDIT: DayZ updater has just been released, have not tested as my files are up to date...
http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2001&pid=18542#pid18542

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, while I was raiding another military barracks I stumbled on a bandit while I was exiting the building. I wasn't sure if I wanted to shoot him as I'm nice to other players generally, but he took advantage of my hesitation and shot me first. Luckily I had my M4 on auto so I peppered him while he was taking his second shot(with a winchester). We ended up killing each other for nothing.

I spawned again at the coast near Elektrozavodsk, with my "uber gear" gone. Instead of calling it a night, I decided to go all the way to NW airport again. It took like 25 minutes to go there again, but to my surprise I found my stuff almost untouched. The only thing missing is my GPS, which I don't really need. I'll keep raiding the barracks untill I find a M249 and a NV goggle, then I can go to the coast and bring justice to some poor bandits :)

Upvote 0
So, while I was raiding another military barracks I stumbled on a bandit while I was exiting the building. I wasn't sure if I wanted to shoot him as I'm nice to other players generally, but he took advantage of my hesitation and shot me first. Luckily I had my M4 on auto so I peppered him while he was taking his second shot(with a winchester). We ended up killing each other for nothing.

I spawned again at the coast near Elektrozavodsk, with my "uber gear" gone. Instead of calling it a night, I decided to go all the way to NW airport again. It took like 25 minutes to go there again, but to my surprise I found my stuff almost untouched. The only thing missing is my GPS, which I don't really need. I'll keep raiding the barracks untill I find a M249 and a NV goggle, then I can go to the coast and bring justice to some poor bandits :)
Nice, I just made my first trip there last night. I found a M4 i think with a red dot,flashlight and a grip, with 8 mags.A g17 (the pistol) with a flashlight too, though only 1 mag so i had to drop it for a 1911 with 4. I think i just got lucky that there wasn't any bandits around, though i saw one go right past me when i was prone in a tree. :eek: It was fun.

Upvote 0
I'm waiting for the next patch,,, 1.5.7 has not been a happy affair.

I've been playing nearly all day.
Unfortunately making any worthwhile progress in game is pretty much broken.
Some people are claiming that the new zombie count/spawn is great and "if you don't like it go play L4D you *ucking noob/pussy", or whatever...

Such a shame that they did not take the time to read Rocket's post stating that it was not intended.

I saw one guy saying he went into a church with 17 kills and came out with something like 300, I can't find the post but its buried in the forums somewhere.
I think they were three, working together.

I thought that the greater zombie count might encourage people to work together a little more, think again, lots of spawn killing being reported.

Happy to say that I got my best Bandit kill tonight (he shot first), he had everything, map, watch, compass, knife, matches, blood, he even had some BeanZ :D.
Still playing.
Alpha is not beta.

Upvote 0