• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Day Z, a zombie survival mod for ARMA2

Story

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
tumblr_m3dhs4x8KI1r094x1.jpg

Upvote 0
Dean Hall said:
"I'd like to be known for working on quality games that stay true to what they are."

And this is what the industry doesnt understand. They are so focused on 'accessibility' and watered down elements that we keep getting the same crap over and over again. No one takes the leap to something more deep and gratifying. You shouldnt focus on a market base or standards, as a developer your main focus should be to break down the walls and shoot for the next all-time classic. Take those risks. There will be failures, but the industry really needs to expand it's horizons. Everything is made for 15 year old mentalities, with ample 'Boy-Scout-helping-the-old-lady-across-the-street' hand holding, all wrapped up in Hollywood clothing, it's so effing boring! And if it isnt just totally beneath an adults capacity to work within a more complex environment and the ability to grasp more mature themes, then it's also loaded down with flimsy addiction mechanics and simplistic collision based gameplay. Cmon guys, you can do waaayyy better than that.

I like this Dean Hall guy. He's got a good head on his shoulders. Day Z is an entirely new path for gaming; one with massive breadth and potential, but also, like everything else, the potential for big budget profit driven bastardization; and you will see this model dragged into that mud puddle, of that I have no doubt. My message to fellow gamers is to be more critical of the industry and be really tight with your gaming budget - don't listen to the people who get on your case for expecting more and having better taste. There are plenty of games for them to play; leave them to it.

Upvote 0
Yes, change your passwords, the data was 'salted', I guess that means crypted but better safe than sorry.

What is more important is the fact that if you downloaded, after the 6th of June (I believe) the DayZ auto updater from the US link, there is a good chance that you have a back door bot.
This happened/blew, err,,, 3 days ago, the forums were rolled back to the 29th May, so if you joined the forums after that date you will have to sign up again and all posts/thread that you or anybody for that matter, are lost.
The person has been identified, (this has been an ongoing affair for over a good couple of weeks or more, clans being compromised and all sorts of shyte that nobody needs.

Their you have it, in a canZ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
is it just me, or does regular arma play make dayz a lot easier?

I've been playing wiht some guys from my unit, my personal stash tent has about 100 rnds of .303 in it now as well as lots of food and medical supplies. I myself am kitted out with an enfield and a 1911 with an allice backpack. Most of the guys I play with all have m16's, ak74's or m16 acogs as well as NODS. ( we all have basic kit like binocs, maps, watches, and compases)

did I mention? this is still my first life.

I did get lucky though I was wayyy up north trying to find a good spot to pop my tent and just as I went prone to try and place it some dickhead opened up on me with his full auto rifle. Bullets flying overhead and with my inventory open I took the most logical tactical move available. Esc - abort. haha dickhead you wasted a mag of bullets on thin air. :D

Upvote 0
Server lag has gotten (?) worse because some extra security was added to the MS relating to the previous fiasco, unless its been altered over the last few hours its being worked on, also all official servers should be receiving a new Hive build.
The latest ArmA2 CO beta has done something impressive with the color rendering, at least, I think so...

Colt, DC/ing is an exploit, you will get you fingers slapped :D, profit while you can.

Upvote 0
is it just me, or does regular arma play make dayz a lot easier?

I've been playing wiht some guys from my unit, my personal stash tent has about 100 rnds of .303 in it now as well as lots of food and medical supplies. I myself am kitted out with an enfield and a 1911 with an allice backpack. Most of the guys I play with all have m16's, ak74's or m16 acogs as well as NODS. ( we all have basic kit like binocs, maps, watches, and compases)

did I mention? this is still my first life.

I did get lucky though I was wayyy up north trying to find a good spot to pop my tent and just as I went prone to try and place it some dickhead opened up on me with his full auto rifle. Bullets flying overhead and with my inventory open I took the most logical tactical move available. Esc - abort. haha dickhead you wasted a mag of bullets on thin air. :D

Can't claim you're on your first life if you disconnect like a baby when being shot at.

Upvote 0
Update vs 1.7.0 (when its done).

Developer's Note:
* Requires ArmA2 Beta.

Changelog:
* [FIXED] Wire Spools, Toolboxes, hedgehog (tank trap) kits not spawning
* [FIXED] Bodies still being deleted too quickly sometimes
* [FIXED] No backpacks or medical boxes spawning
* [FIXED] "No Speaker..." debug report spam
* [FIXED] Infected spawning too close to players (minimum 30m now)
* [FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more
* [NEW] Infected can't attack through walls
* [NEW] Infected can't see through objects any more
* [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)
* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)
* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you
* [NEW] Optimized server cleanup routine

Things may be added : WIP.

*uck me, 752 servers, 9419 connected...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Came in to post that. Hey guys look how much of a badass I am! *Runs away at first firefight*

meh, happened once. Unlike every other pker on there I tend to avoid other human players even if I've snuck up on them and could pop them for their kit, I just disco and go to a diff server. I'm not in it at all for the other human players; I saw where all the life mods went and how quickly they descended with the pker attitude. I frankly found it funny that the guy missed with half a mag on a non moving target.

Upvote 0
meh, happened once. Unlike every other pker on there I tend to avoid other human players even if I've snuck up on them and could pop them for their kit, I just disco and go to a diff server. I'm not in it at all for the other human players; I saw where all the life mods went and how quickly they descended with the pker attitude. I frankly found it funny that the guy missed with half a mag on a non moving target.

What is a pker? And what is a life mod? And you dance when you find other players? You're missing a huge part of the game by not doing pvp. No wonder you're not dying. Collecting loot and fighting zombies is the easiest part. Pvp is the most intense aspect of the game.

I really don't like the playstyle you describe. It ruins the immersion for other people and frankly its not the way the game should be played. For one example, I was in the middle of nowhere in the wilderness and came upon a guy. I got a little closer and tried to call out to him if he was friendly. Instead of either fighting me or trying to be friends he ran into the field, plopped down, and disconnected. It was extremely lame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0