• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] What games are you looking forward to? (2012 edition)

I was all about Hawken, but I dunno. F2P arena shooter isn't what gets me excited about mechs. I'll probably pick it up, but it's not a day 1 buy for me anymore.

That is what Mechwarrior Online is for. It is free, though not sure to what extent. But if it stays true to simulator style gameplay it will be leaps and bounds better than Hawken (IMO).

Upvote 0
Hmm, I just noticed that there aren't really any EA titles I'm really looking forward to. BioShock: Infinite, GTA V, Spec Ops: The Line and Max Payne 3 are Take-Two games, Hitman is Square Enix, AC3 is Ubisoft, Diablo III is Activision-Blizzard.

So either they have lots of stuff to announce at E3, or they're making a big mistake: As the most hated video game company you can not stop producing games many people are waiting for/"AAAA" titles. From what's announced right now, neither Crysis 3 nor Medal of Honor: Warfighter have the potential to be of GOTY category. Dead Space 3 could be something or a Dragon Age 3 oriented @DA:O and with Frostbite 2 graphics.

Upvote 0
This list gets shorter every time I make it. Only game I seriously anticipated in many years was HoS, and it's no Ostfront. Some of these definitely won't be out 2012.

-Miner Wars 2081
-Borderlands 2
-Depth
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
-Alan Wake PC
-Max Payne 3
-BioShock Infinite
-PlayStation Title Fight (SSB with Sony franchises)

-Natural Selection 2 - the only one on the list I actually care about, the sequel to my favorite game on Earth.

I guess I should pick up Skullgirls too, I just realized it's already out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This list gets shorter every time I make it. Only game I seriously anticipated in many years was HoS, and it's no Ostfront. Some of these definitely won't be out 2012.

-Miner Wars 2081
-Borderlands 2
-Depth
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
-Alan Wake PC
-Max Payne 3
-BioShock Infinite
-PlayStation Title Fight (SSB with Sony franchises)

-Natural Selection 2 - the only one on the list I actually care about, the sequel to my favorite game on Earth.

I guess I should pick up Skullgirls too, I just realized it's already out.
Alan Wake is already out

Upvote 0
- RO2 Rising Storm.
- Arma 3, if it is optimised (sweet dream...)
- RO2 with classic mode public version.
- Achtung Panzer khalkhin gol 1939 or whatever it will be called.
- IL2 CLODO & the Russian Front expansion, when first clodo will become "playable"
- Naval War Artic Circle. I know it's already out.
- Overgrowth.
- Endless space.
- Alien Colonial Marines. But i am afraid for this one. Remember the good in concept but terribly released Alien 2010...
- Dishonoured.
- Hawnken.

Yes, mainly niches games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It should be noted that STALKER 2 isn't coming out anymore. :|

Yep. They couldn't find investors for a PC-exclusive game.

Which is sad because they could've done so much with it, but they're working on a F2P MMOFPS called Survarium on a new engine. Essentially S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in an MMO.

If they had gone with S2 with this new engine maybe they could've continued. :(

Also they couldn't buy back the rights to the series.

Upvote 0
Yep. They couldn't find investors for a PC-exclusive game.

Which is sad because they could've done so much with it, but they're working on a F2P MMOFPS called Survarium on a new engine. Essentially S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in an MMO.

If they had gone with S2 with this new engine maybe they could've continued. :(

Also they couldn't buy back the rights to the series.
AFAIK funding was not the problem, that's why they didn't go to Kickstarter either. Main problem was because of the licenses or something. Just what I heard.

Upvote 0
AFAIK funding was not the problem, that's why they didn't go to Kickstarter either. Main problem was because of the licenses or something. Just what I heard.

This is also what I read. They aren't using any assets they've already created for Stalker 2 either. I would've loved stalker 2 but I always thought the stalker series was perfect for an MMOFPS. I just hope its not watered down stalker in order to not breech the license agreement but is indeed a unique and atmospheric game in its own right

Upvote 0
Not sure if serious.

Though personally I think the eerie, survival feel will work well in any MP game. Each to their own.

Did you mean not work well? But I am serious. Stalker factions = guilds. Lone stalkers = everyone else. The Stalker games are very much about exploration, survival, and often loneliness and yet a huge part of the game is that you're part of the stalker community whether you're in a faction or not. There are hubs (like an mmo) where you get missions (quests) and you can strike out on your own or with other stalkers (raids) in a large unique world (like most MMO's). Each stalker has a unique name and often has a backstory plus there's customization, all of which are familiar features of mmo's. Plus gear and unique items play an important role. Why would I not be serious?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you mean not work well? But I am serious. Stalker factions = guilds. Lone stalkers = everyone else. The Stalker games are very much about exploration, survival, and often loneliness and yet a huge part of the game is that you're part of the stalker community whether you're in a faction or not. There are hubs (like an mmo) where you get missions (quests) and you can strike out on your own or with other stalkers (raids) in a large unique world (like most MMO's). Each stalker has a unique name and often has a backstory plus there's customization, all of which are familiar features of mmo's. Plus gear and unique items play an important role. Why would I not be serious?

I don't think the overall setting and feeling would translate well into a massively online game. Part of the game was wondering around dead, abandoned areas alone where supposedly no one or not many people have ever went with some slight horror elements. Just seems difficult to experience when playing online.

As I said, each to their own. Though maybe you will get your wish. We'll have to see how the final product turns out.

Upvote 0