• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Crysis 3

The aliens make for an interesting plot twist with interesting gameplay however.

But no aliens would be good. What do you propose takes their place, or how does the story then progress?

Well, with this series you can't because it was based roughly around the Aliens. I can only say that in the first, I had a decent enough time playing and fighting the human AI, and felt it was a boring 'chore' when fighting the aliens. It was just something I had to get thru to get back to the rest of the game and quite frankly turned me off to buying any other sequel to this series.

So I have no answer; not that it matters :p

Upvote 0
I liked the aliens in Crysis 1/Warhead. They were fun to fight and changed the gameplay up in the later part of the game. Though I do agree, my favorite parts of the game were before the aliens were released from the mountain.

Crysis 2's aliens were entirely different. They acted like human infantry... and lacked the freeze weapons. They even looked entirely different.

Upvote 0
I actually really liked Crysis 1, once I got a PC that could run it in its full graphical glory. The story itself wasn't anything special, but I thought it was presented particularly well (the way they revealed the aliens gradually was awesome). I give it high praises in the same way I give good action movies high praise -- the story might be cliche but it's always put together well.

And despite its quirks, I really did find it to be more of a game than a tech demo once I could enjoy Crysis at solid frame rates. It's come to be one of my more favorite games of the last 5-6 years, honestly.

Crysis Warhead was meh becuase they tried to funnel the player more often and Psycho's storyline was awful.

Crysis 2 was worse, taking away most of the open environments and taking a step back in graphical fidelity. The story also made no freaking sense at all... at least the gunplay was good, though.

Crysis 3 was inevitable, but unless it decides to return to its sandbox-style roots, I don't think it will fair better than Crysis 2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I actually really liked Crysis 1, once I got a PC that could run it in its full graphical glory. The story itself wasn't anything special, but I thought it was presented particularly well (the way they revealed the aliens gradually was awesome). I give it high praises in the same way I give good action movies high praise -- the story might be cliche but it's always put together well.

And despite its quirks, I really did find it to be more of a game than a tech demo once I could enjoy Crysis at solid frame rates. It's come to be one of my more favorite games of the last 5-6 years, honestly.

Crysis Warhead was meh becuase they tried to funnel the player more often and Psycho's storyline was awful.

Crysis 2 was worse, taking away most of the open environments and taking a step back in graphical fidelity. The story also made no freaking sense at all... at least the gunplay was good, though.

Crysis 3 was inevitable, but unless it decides to return to its sandbox-style roots, I don't think it will fair better than Crysis 2.

My thoughts exactly. Though with the DX 11 + high resolution texture pack Crysis 2 actually does look very good. Better than Crysis 1 in many ways. But they did not put the engine to good use in Crysis 2... no destruction (save for scripted and basic wall damage), not many open environments, and nothing interesting to see.

Upvote 0
I liked the aliens. My first playthrough it seemed to take FOREVER. On my second, I breezed through the Alien section and it felt pretty short in comparison to sneaking through all the Korean Army areas.

Didn't pay attention to 2 based on people's reviews. If Crysis 3 takes a dramatic 90 degree turn back toward Crysis 1, I'll be interested. But in general I'm meh on this.

Upvote 0
First screenshots kinda look like the Last of Us but with a Nanosuit lol

460934_10150689699074285_154253624284_9626700_1495261943_o.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Crysis 2's aliens were entirely different. They acted like human infantry... and lacked the freeze weapons. They even looked entirely different.
It is a completely different enviroment thought. They went from jungles to tight streets and alley ways. Though now that i think about it, its strange how they changed in such short time.:confused:

First screenshots kinda look like the Last of Us but with a Nanosuit lol

460934_10150689699074285_154253624284_9626700_1495261943_o.jpg
Cry engine never fails to be delicious eye candy. Lets hope it plays as good as it looks.

Upvote 0
I thought Crysis 1 was awesome, you could pick up chickens and throw them to the Koreans! And you could punch chickens to fly off the map, that was badass.

crab attacks were the best.
the first crysis was consistantly really enjoyable - as action shooters go I couldn't find a single fault with it tbh.
But i didnt need to play the second to know it would be a poor relation - and i expect nothing from the 3rd.
Thats the way it goes nowadays.

Upvote 0
It does look much better than 1, but not so much better than 2. Because even if the haters deny reality, Crysis 2 DX11 > Crysis 1. If you don't believe it, install both games on your PC and do a comparison. Crysis 1 graphics are not as fresh as people remember them.

Before this thread the complaints i remember about C2 were that the game simply wasn't as much fun to play, and it felt you were on a more linear path - and although some ppl said they prefered the orgional enviroments, I dont remember ppl complaining that the visuals were a step backwards.
If they did that's not what i remember anyway.

Upvote 0
It does look much better than 1, but not so much better than 2. Because even if the haters deny reality, Crysis 2 DX11 > Crysis 1. If you don't believe it, install both games on your PC and do a comparison. Crysis 1 graphics are not as fresh as people remember them.

With DX9 only I thought Crysis Warhead looked better in many ways. With the DX11 patch and high resolution textures, I do have to admit, Crysis 2 does look better. Though it does have a less realistic look overall; more bloomy and overly bright. I think that was a stylistic choice. But with the DX11 patch Crysis 2 certainly does have some nice graphical affects. Not sure which I think looks better, Crysis 2 or BF3. BF3 certainly has ugly water in comparison.

Upvote 0
That's ridiculous. But does it mean that they've had these for awhile and are just releasing them?:confused:

What do you mean? The free SDK now has the same DX 11 stuff as Crysis 2. That's what it is.

Is it me, or does that screenshot not look any better than from the original game, and way too much contrast?

Contrast could be because the camera is facing the sky. Cry Engines 2 and 3 have that light adaption thing that simulates a camera aperture.

Upvote 0