• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wargame: European Escalation

See, I knew we were once again getting the short stick. It's the same price in Euro's.
But if you look at the exchange rate, 23.99$ is around 18,50 in Euro's, a difference of about 5 bucks. While admittedly not very much, it's the principle of it.
I'm gonna wait and see if my friend comes online in time for him to get the game for me.

Upvote 0
I hope I didn't waste my money with this game. 31 minutes of clocked game time and of those only 11 minutes of actually playing the game. It takes ages to find an opponent and it's on sale! Serious downer to wait 10 minutes to find a game.

I can see the appeal of this game though. Watched some tutorial before launching the game and I knew how to capture and supply ect. I had hard time understanding am I winning the firefight or losing my troops. At first I though this is going great, my troops are firing and it seems his troops are taking massive casulties, but then couple seconds later my troops were gone!

This game seems to be much faster paced than I originally thought it would be. It was a small map and first time playing so theres that.

Edit. Have to take some of that back. This is actually a really good game. Ranked games take ages to get a match, but hosting your own is the way to go. Just played some 4 on 4 and actually using the cover and flanking is really rewarding. I set the timer to 20 mins, which was over way too soon. Some maps have huge open spaces that are not used in anything, but you can use them to suprise and create havok from the rear. I like the artillery, can't wait untill I can unlock some rocket barrage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate losing my units so I always play quality over quantity. Which is funny in this game because I play PACT.

I haven't even tried Pact because only reason why I play as Nato is because of leopard 2, everything else is just decoration to protect them.

Is it worth to get armour command vehicles that cost more than regular jeeps? And what kind of recon units you use, is chopter one of those must have unlocks? And how big difference does it make to have your units going with rank1-3 vs none?

I would very much play the singleplayer campaign, but it's sooooo booooring that after finishing(or more like before) I would probably want to stop playing this game.

After some more rounds today(and all of them winning, actually managed to have more kills than casulties) I have hard time understanding why this game has only like 1,5k players at peak. Is it because they have problem finding hosts(I haven't seen anyone else beside me hosting beginner games when I'm on) or matches at their skill level? In this kind of game people can be very rude when it comes to learning the game.

This is like a big cardboard strategy game, very pleasing to your eyes when zoomed out but very good looking when zoomed in. This is the only strategy game where I have actually looked the info of different troops and planned the strategy which I would use by those choices of troops.

Upvote 0
I haven't even tried Pact because only reason why I play as Nato is because of leopard 2, everything else is just decoration to protect them.

You should try PACT, i found them to be really fun to play. Yes leos can be really good but allways have them protected well ( 1-2 flak, inf with them on flanks ect )

Is it worth to get armour command vehicles that cost more than regular jeeps? And what kind of recon units you use, is chopter one of those must have unlocks? And how big difference does it make to have your units going with rank1-3 vs none?

Yes, forget the jeep. Get one of those armoured CVs. If i dont need the jeep i get an armored and delete the initial command vehicle to free up points. Recon halos are a MUST HAVE along with luchs and whatever the name of the russki one was.. Nothing worse than loosing the recon wars...

I would very much play the singleplayer campaign, but it's sooooo booooring that after finishing(or more like before) I would probably want to stop playing this game.

you should at least play the first 5 missions to get a feel for the units but i agree its very boring. MP is the way to go.

After some more rounds today(and all of them winning, actually managed to have more kills than casulties) I have hard time understanding why this game has only like 1,5k players at peak. Is it because they have problem finding hosts(I haven't seen anyone else beside me hosting beginner games when I'm on) or matches at their skill level? In this kind of game people can be very rude when it comes to learning the game.

yeah it happens. I useally find good games most of the time. Add people ingame you played with and they will join you. Communication is key...as allways.

I for one are really really hooked on this game. Its rewarding. Try to play the breakout scenarios and the conquest mode.

Upvote 0
if anyone hasd remote intrest in cold war tank tactics or good rts..this is it...some units might seem useless ( and frankly..most of them are ) but since they fixed some bugs with the anti-at rocket system thos pesky AT jeeps with konkurs or any other anti AT is very viable. It makes a good balanced force aka "deck" more important than before.

Tho, i allways played with ALOT of infantry since ther beginning. At start i camped at base spammed arty..wich frankly dosent help alot...even protecting your initial span wont be a good idea ( long way to front , binds units for nothing..ect ) . In that you are very flexible wich makes for great gameplay...:) hands down my favorite rts today...:) and you have to think about AA and supplys and that flank that looks like a wide open gap..and your reeinf sectors and and and...its just great.

edith* funny..i just saw a very good review of the gamewhere the guy was like " it not even the action going on on the field that much..its whats goin on in your head"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just played first time with Pact and it was glorious.

First enemy rushed me with 4 Leo2s and all I had was 2 vet1 t80s(most expensive variet), but the t80s totally destroyed them(thanks to my helo recon), then I got into little trouble because he did manage to destroy one my anti-aircraft artillery. Another player assaulted me with leo1 variets(from side), 5-9 of them and the one who lost his leo2s assaulted me with gunships. Now I lost all of my anti-aircrafts and lost my t80s with them. Eventually I managed to push them back and picked off his leos and gunships one by one with my gunships and infantry.

It was awesome being able to hold on my own against two assaulting players and even do my own assault after that destroying infantry and recon units. Ended up killing 1680 units and having 600 casulties.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hirm: do you use mortar carriers as NATO ? i found them to be pretty usefull, slow yes, but can fire anf rie and seldomly need a reload while they force my enemy out of woods...

I use mortars aswell. They are pretty cheap and accurate. I use them when I'm assaulting or moving my infantry to forests to clear them out. Or if I see infantry approaching me in the forest or open I try to mortar them before getting too close.

I lost a ranked match against level 100 player, while I was level 11. Wasn't bad defeat and coudn't really suprise me with anything. But it seems the automatch doesn't really care with whom it places you against.

Last edited:
Upvote 0