• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Max Payne 3

My only gripe so far is the ridiculous amount of mid level cut scenes, almost every almost closed door you come to in this game means you're going to have control taken away from you for at least a minute, usually longer and at the end of it you'll have your pistol equipped no matter what weapon you were using previously.

What's with that? Why in the hell does it have to switch my weapon to single handed pistol all the time? So hmmmm...instead of using my AK that I'm helding to deal with these 10 enemies I'm about to suprise I choose the 9mm pistol to take them down...WHAT?! It's unbelievably stupid I can't get past that and it's so annoing to do it over and over and over and over and over...

It's something I'm being so annoyed with that Rockstars must not have played this game themselves. ****ing choosing EVERY single time the weapon I want to use and theres tons of these moments in every level.

I'm in chapter 4 or 5 and all I can remember from this game so far is cutscenes, cutscenes, 5 mins of gameplay, bullet-time event, cutscenes................

I'm not saying it's a bad game, but this style of not being able to actually play the game is not for me. I enjoy good story and all of that, but being constantly pulled away from gameplay to watch some so uninteresting stuff I coudn't care to beging with all the time, it's just not something I wanted from Max Payne game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just had some stupid moment in this game. So I kept dying to this machine gun man and just coudn't figure out how to deal with it. So once he started to reload I rushed on to him, forward jumped in slow motion and decked him to the ground:

2012071600005.jpg
2012071600005.jpg

2012071600007.jpg

2012071600007.jpg
Still alive and firing. Coudn't find any weak spot so I just emptied what I had when finally seeing some red dot on him...

:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just had some stupid moment in this game. So I kept dying to this machine gun man and just coudn't figure out how to deal with it. So once he started to reload I rushed on to him, forward jumped in slow motion and decked him to the ground:

2012071600005.jpg
2012071600005.jpg

2012071600007.jpg

2012071600007.jpg
Still alive and firing. Coudn't find any weak spot so I just emptied what I had when finally seeing some red dot on him...

:D
The hilarious thing is that you can one shot those guys if you fire just below the glass visor at the neck line. Yep.

Upvote 0
I have to tell. The last two levels were great. That's what I wanted from this game, they can make a good Max Payne game. Large areas and almost no cutscenes or taking the control from me. You can actually play the levels instead of just sections of them.

Why coudn't they do it with every level.
I kind of felt that way too, but honestly the high level of quality in every aspect of the game helps me forgive them (mostly) for designing the game the way they did.

Also, don't forget that MP2 was mostly made up of very linear and claustrophobic spaces. I found myself criticizing MP3 of that only to realize that I was being hypocritical and overly forgiving of the past games in that regard.

Upvote 0
Max payne 3 was a good game but I have more fun playing hydrophobia but that could be because I played MP3 on hard. Sometimes I just kept dying you also get less bullettime on hard, hardly used the standard bullettime, I had to shootdodge the whole time.

Also wtf is up with the multiplayer? I can hardly find people to play and once I manage to join a server I just disconnect as soon as the map finished loading.

Companies should stop with the whole skillbased server searching. I want a simple list of all the servers, let me handle the filters. At least I know who to expect, how many, where the server is located, how much the latency is etc.

Upvote 0