• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Tribes Ascend

"Rabbit" is just totally insane when you got a server with 30 or so people going hahaha. One match the flag bounced around for about 10 seconds getting shot from every direction before it got blown my way. I really need to perfect my speed handling some people are really good at it.

I'm not so happy with other things in the game though... Generators are much less important now, and there are too many hitscan weapons. Still, nothing beats flying around at 250kph with a jetpack.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You might want to try Tribes 2 then LHeureux, in my opinion it's superior in every way pretty much (no rabbit mode though, just CTF pretty much). It's free I posted about it earlier in this thread. Still several servers with 30+ people on at pretty much all times. Be warned though all the people still playing are complete psychopaths and really good, so you might enjoy it less even if the gameplay is deeper IMO ;).

Upvote 0
I can't get into this game. I liked Unreal Tournament and such, but the weapons in this game are driving me crazy. It's just too "spammy", most of the weapons have huge blast radius and there are lots of grenades flying around as well. This may be because the game has huge maps for CTF and hitting someone skiing at 100kmh is hard, I understand that.

But I played the new Arena mode and it was pretty horrible. The guy with the biggest splash damage weapon just wiped the floor with us. I was getting some retro feelings at first but it faded pretty fast.

Upvote 0
I can't get into this game. I liked Unreal Tournament and such, but the weapons in this game are driving me crazy. It's just too "spammy", most of the weapons have huge blast radius and there are lots of grenades flying around as well. This may be because the game has huge maps for CTF and hitting someone skiing at 100kmh is hard, I understand that.

But I played the new Arena mode and it was pretty horrible. The guy with the biggest splash damage weapon just wiped the floor with us. I was getting some retro feelings at first but it faded pretty fast.

Dont bother with arena. the game was really designed around ctf and in that context there is a lot more skill in the weapon usage and movement.

Upvote 0