• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] ArmA 3, for real

we added some more posses ;)
untitled-1wvoch.gif

Upvote 0
The movement and shooting looks so much better. Grenade throwing is a huge step forward but still looks a bit incomplete. Hopefully they can fix that in the beta/final game.

Loadout editing looks nice to, though a GRAW 1/2 or Raven Shield style might have been better. The ability to type in a weapon to find it would have been nice to so we don't have to skip through many tick marks. :p

Otherwise it looks like a good improvement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those are some nice improvements for sure. Nades in Arma2 were so clunky....

Often times almost unusable and dangerous to use. Like when your character went into a forced run and would not throw the grenade far enough. The aiming also looks much smoother and life like. Opening doors is rather fluid to. I doubt it will be superb at close quarters, but it looks somewhat doable now.

Hopefully I get an invite. These small changes look to make a huge difference. If they can smooth out the alpha/beta versions of bugs they might have the best ArmA game to date. Hopefully the modders are getting to work to replace the future stuff. ;)

Upvote 0
[...]

Hopefully I get an invite. These small changes look to make a huge difference. If they can smooth out the alpha/beta versions of bugs they might have the best ArmA game to date. Hopefully the modders are getting to work to replace the future stuff. ;)

When you remember me I can send you a Alpha Lite invite at March 14. But why wait when you can buy the whole game with alpha, beta and full game access in 2 hours for 25

Upvote 0
I just installed it, sweet jesus it's smooth! The animation smoothness rivals games like BF3, no more headaches for me!

It's running a lot smoother than ArmA 2 on my laptop so far(60fps ArmA 3 vs 30 fps ArmA 2 on lowest settings).

Now, I have to play more. Will do a detailed report later.

EDIT: FPS is still bad in cities :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just installed it, sweet jesus it's smooth! The animation smoothness rivals games like BF3, no more headaches for me!

It's running a lot smoother than ArmA 2 on my laptop so far(60fps ArmA 3 vs 30 fps ArmA 2 on lowest settings).

Now, I have to play more. Will do a detailed report later.
What are your laptop specs?

Btw if someone of you guys have a spare alpha invite I'll appreciate it! I really want to see how the game is running on my rig before I buy the real thing :)

Upvote 0