• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Uh what? You guys bash it for being ArmA in WW2. Then they release videos which demonstrate its ArmA in WW2 and everyone loves it. It looks well done, but still ArmA in WW2. Wth.

You are saying to me Rising Storm is RO2 becouse of the same engine?You realy need some documentation about a mod and a standalone game,don't forget..RS has a posibility to launch as a standalone game,another RO2 on the Iwo Jima island as you say :)

Upvote 0
Well, it"s because we know what ArmA is capable of, that I for one will give Iron Front a little more than a ....go.

Let me put it this way, if I was Robinso Crusoe, stuck on a Island I would have Otis Redding and ArmA as my companions and that bird out of Half Life to do me cooking...:D.

Jeez wot a life.

Upvote 0
You are saying to me Rising Storm is RO2 becouse of the same engine?You realy need some documentation about a mod and a standalone game,don't forget..RS has a posibility to launch as a standalone game,another RO2 on the Iwo Jima island as you say :)

Take a look at a Rising Storm trailer, almost every art asset is new. Hell, they might have even done new running animations. They went from Europe to tropical Pacific. Whether that's worth being standalone depends on the gameplay and price. Iron Front went from eastern europe/russia to eastern europe/russia. And ArmA has a very easily identifiable engine with all the quirky animations which still looks unchanged. Besides buildings, the landscape looks about identical. Some of the faces I see in screenshots look identical. Some animations look identical. The HUD font and messages are identical. Ingame UI for gear looks identical save for a reskin. Post-process effects, identical. Movement and clunky weapon system, identical. Some environmental stuff like those wooden fences might even be the same.

I'm not saying the game isn't worth the price, it could be super awesome. I'm just saying it still clearly looks like an Arma mod or expansion which means it will probably have all the same old faults.

Upvote 0
* What changes have been made to the MP gameplay compared to vA2?
* Is there going to be a more fluent squad system compared to the vA2?
- Perhaps something on the line of PR:A2?

* Will those squad mate icons be on the left down corner in the MP gameplay as well? And will the squad mates/leader spam those god awful messages all the time in the MP as well?
- I can't stand the AI chat spam and I always hated in I44 when u were away from ut SL and he had ordered a "Regroup" and u kept hearing that command every 5 secs until u were close to the SL.
* Is there going to be a Squad Radar ala Shacktac and PR?

Upvote 0
Am I the only who is afraid that Liberation MP gameplay is going to be similar to A2 MP gameplay?

Aka 90% of the servers look like this;
- Tombraider players driving mario kart tanks and infantry shooting with crosshairs a bunch of dumb bots in a scenario called whatnot Domination, Evolution, Life or Warfare crap with tons of Addons and mods and ppl using TS instead of the build-in VON...

Upvote 0
No, probably no, due to two reasons mainly: less mods (none at all?); less players, and thus less servers. My gut feeling says there will be only a couple servers all round and they'll be filling up only at select times of the week.

It isn't helping that they're showcasing it all the time with crosshairs on, with all the HUD elements and the GPS for multiplayer (it literally felt like the Berzerk user-mission for ARMA2, or some other similar PvP A&S). Why isn't everyone tearing this game a new one for that?
It's not even a minimap. It's a GPS, with enemy positions included. I know it can be turned off, but the very presence of that fact (and the crosshairs and permanent HUD elements) simply soils and degrades the possible experience to an extent that it is unacceptable.

Upvote 0
No, probably no, due to two reasons mainly: less mods (none at all?); less players, and thus less servers. My gut feeling says there will be only a couple servers all round and they'll be filling up only at select times of the week.

It isn't helping that they're showcasing it all the time with crosshairs on, with all the HUD elements and the GPS for multiplayer (it literally felt like the Berzerk user-mission for ARMA2, or some other similar PvP A&S). Why isn't everyone tearing this game a new one for that?
It's not even a minimap. It's a GPS, with enemy positions included. I know it can be turned off, but the very presence of that fact (and the crosshairs and permanent HUD elements) simply soils and degrades the possible experience to an extent that it is unacceptable.

Yup, exactly.

Upvote 0
This game looks nice, but for sure its nearly unplayable like all Arma games. You will need a Nasa Pc for sure to reach decent framerates. If you have to turn down the grafics it looks worser than OPF from 1999.

Sir, I believe you are referring to very early version of ArmA 2. Since then ArmA's engine has been improved significantly. What's more IF uses latest 1.60 Combined Operation engine which is well optimized.
If that would be true what you are saying, then in ArmA 2 would play like 10 men due framerate issues. The fact is that ArmA 2s community is way bigger and more active then for example ROs. In our unit we have 60 active members, each of them has better or worst PC, but no one has problems with FPS. We have few members that record every mission or campaign with Fraps and have no problems. We also run ~20 GB of modifications that improve gameplay, AI, add tons of features, weapons and raise requirements but again no one has fps problems.

Multiplayer is not dead or inactive, you just need to know how to find good servers and communities.
Example: in new DayZ alpha mod for AmA 2 plays right now ~700 people (currently online, 14:16 CET, probably 2-3x times more during evening) and it's only very small mod in alpha stage... RO2: ~400 people online.
In regular game plays way more people.

ArmA 2's bad reputation is based on myths or experience from early version of the game.

Upvote 0