• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Well, my brother likes ArmA2 a lot and he would like it more if it was set in ww2 so... we'll have to get Iron Front, by the looks of it, even if I personally, if I was alone, wouldn't buy it.
I already have ArmA2 and I barely like that, and this looks like the exact same game.

Rolled up sleeves though. Rolled up sleeves. *smokespipeandstaresintodistance*

Upvote 0
Well, my brother likes ArmA2 a lot and he would like it more if it was set in ww2 so... we'll have to get Iron Front, by the looks of it, even if I personally, if I was alone, wouldn't buy it.
I already have ArmA2 and I barely like that, and this looks like the exact same game.

Rolled up sleeves though. Rolled up sleeves. *smokespipeandstaresintodistance*

maybe if it is on steam i will take it but i will see.

Upvote 0
Yes, yes... listen, maybe it's the language barrier, but you basically told us, without a context where this would fit in, to play Modern Warfare 3 and get better computers. I don't know what prompted you to post this, but there was nothing there that would make this make sense, in my opinion. So there's that.

Further, you keep telling us how different Iron Front is from ArmA2 but even the awkwardly-tumbling-lowering-yourself-to-pick-stuff-up animation is the same. Don't just refer us to the same video over and over! A video in which we see basically nothing but ArmA2 with ww2 assets. Maybe the narrator sheds some light on key differences, but a majority of us will never know because we don't speak Russian!

Could you instead just try and post a couple of these differences that really, really make this a different game than a ww2 mod for ArmA2?

I don't imagine it's going to be easy, but at least it's more productive than hurling unprovoked, barely legible, passive-aggressive insults at us.

Upvote 0
Yes, yes... listen, maybe it's the language barrier, but you basically told us, without a context where this would fit in, to play Modern Warfare 3 and get better computers. I don't know what prompted you to post this, but there was nothing there that would make this make sense, in my opinion. So there's that.

Further, you keep telling us how different Iron Front is from ArmA2 but even the awkwardly-tumbling-lowering-yourself-to-pick-stuff-up animation is the same. Don't just refer us to the same video over and over! A video in which we see basically nothing but ArmA2 with ww2 assets. Maybe the narrator sheds some light on key differences, but a majority of us will never know because we don't speak Russian!

Could you instead just try and post a couple of these differences that really, really make this a different game than a ww2 mod for ArmA2?

I don't imagine it's going to be easy, but at least it's more productive than hurling unprovoked, barely legible, passive-aggressive insults at us.
The second ''same video over and over'' it's with the english subtitles for me and for others who don't understand rusian,and I never sed something for sure,I just hope to be....and I always use '' '' if you know what are these,I hope you get my point,now please get out of here!

Upvote 0
Now I understand Yoshiro,you people don't like anyting,just go play COD Modern **** 3,forget about ARMA 2,ARMA 3,RO 2 Classic and other games............
Forget about I just sed......change your ****ing old computer with windows xp.........just to see the real RO2 and other games real textures=))
Yes, it gets much clearer once one knows what these -> " " are. Had to look them up, but now I get it. Thanks.

Now post some key differences between this and ArmA2, please, and no, animated, rotating grenades and backpacks which we've had in mods since Flashpoint don't count as key differences...

Then maybe I'll get out of here, as per your request.

Upvote 0
Let's stick with the thread,the problem with key differences is discused on the forums and the devs are lisening,the game is in the beta stage,it's posible that changes will be made,depends very much on the complains.For me...Arma 2 or not BI makes the best realistic shoters from my opinion and beeing a big fan of ww2 games I will give it a try.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Yes, it gets much clearer once one knows what these -> " " are. Had to look them up, but now I get it. Thanks.

Now post some key differences between this and ArmA2, please, and no, animated, rotating grenades and backpacks which we've had in mods since Flashpoint don't count as key differences...

Then maybe I'll get out of here, as per your request.

There will be be giant mechanic Orcs with laser cannons and you can enter them through their anus (incl. enter/leaving animations).

Seriously, what do you expect?
The game has been developed by a small dev team, a former mod team (like Tripwire).
This game is based on the ArmA2 Engine and of course the gameplay, interface, etc. will be similar to ArmA2 (they don't have the budget to start from 0 and develop a complete new game).
Nevertheless this game differs from ArmA2, the devs have not just added WWII models, they have also implented new features and enhanced the gameplay, so this is to ArmA2 like ArmA2 OA was to ArmA2. A new scenario and a bunch of new features, but not a complete new game.
It's definitely more than a mod (or at least an awesome mod), but not a completely different game. It's like a standalone Add-On.

It's your choice whether you want to spend 20, 30, 40 or 70 bucks on it, but the target group of this game are ArmA players anyway and if someone doesn't like ArmA because of it's gameplay or its "flaws", then he'll probably dislike Iron Front, too.

I don't care, I'm playing the beta and I'm really enojoying it and they already got my money ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there will be be giant mechanic orcs with laser cannons and you can enter them through their anus (incl. Enter/leaving animations).

The game has been developed by a small dev team, a former mod team (like tripwire).
This game is based on the arma2 engine and of course the gameplay, interface, etc. Will be similar to arma2 (they don't have the budget to start from 0 and develop a complete new game).
Nevertheless this game differs from arma2, the devs have not just added wwii models, they have also implented new features and enhanced the gameplay, so this is to arma2 like arma2 oa was to arma2. A new scenario and a bunch of new features, but not a complete new game.
It's definitely more than a mod (or at least an awesome mod), but not a completely different game. It's like a standalone add-on.

It's your choice whether you want to spend 20, 30, 40 or 70 bucks on it, but the target group of this game are arma players anyway and if someone doesn't like arma because of it's gameplay or its "flaws", then he'll probably dislike iron front, too.

I don't care, i'm playing the beta and i'm really enojoying it and they already got my money ...
qft
Also is there a way to get into the beta ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Them to show actual examples of their marketed cliff notes in action (like the "new" armour system) with proper examples and some other things instead of having to wait through 20 videos until the first genuine demonstration pops up that might spark up genuine interest among more skeptical people?

I still bring up the "new" armour system. Only thing that's seen so far a brief gameplay footage that looks like more sucky version of Battle of Houdan from OFP:CWC and gun barrel turns red because hooray, it's damaged. Now where I've seen that before...?

Upvote 0
Them to show actual examples of their marketed cliff notes in action (like the "new" armour system) with proper examples and some other things instead of having to wait through 20 videos until the first genuine demonstration pops up that might spark up genuine interest among more skeptical people?

I still bring up the "new" armour system. Only thing that's seen so far a brief gameplay footage that looks like more sucky version of Battle of Houdan from OFP:CWC and gun barrel turns red because hooray, it's damaged. Now where I've seen that before...?

Understandable, but it's still 1,5 months till release and I'm sure that there'll be much more footage available till then.
I know that the Let's Plays from the Gametube guys suck (at least I think so), but I guess you've already watched the first video of the new video series by the russian guy who showed a lot of the equipment and weapons and I'm sure one of his next videos will be about vehicles and the new armour and damage system ...
Just be patient, by the release at the latest there'll be tons of information available about the new features ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0