• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

1320808530802.png

Upvote 0
After watching this video I have mixed feelings.

My first impression is: why does it feel worst than ArmA 2 Combined w/ ACE, ACRE, UKF, blastcore and other basic mods? I play huge campaigns in ArmA 2, with 40+ players and gameplay is way better. Sounds, animations, AI behavior feels improved and more natural than here, like different game.

It really reminds me Invasion 44 just a bit, but mod is free and comes with ACRE and other goodies that are necessary for ArmA 2 multiplayer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probably because this is essentially a mod without the other mods installed. :p

Hopefully porting ArmA 2 mods into this will be easy.

Otherwise think of it as an unofficial or third party DLC/addon. At $5-10 if you like ArmA 2 I am sure you will enjoy this.

But with ArmA 3 (and maybe some big changes?) coming I would rather wait and see what that brings.

Upvote 0
I just asked on the forums and they said it's a standalone game with own mods in the future,so what are you talking about?This is NOT a mod made by fans....it's a game starten from 0 based on the ARMA 2 engine!

So why does it use sounds from ArmA 2, and seemingly animations too? :p
"0 based" is an overstatement.

Upvote 0
I could forgive this being a re-skin of ArmA2, reusing animations etc...and maybe even some sounds... IF the gameplay was something more engaging than ArmA2. If it has really good multiplayer team vs team combat...then maybe I'll buy in.

If, like ArmA2, it relies heavily on scripted co-op missions against AI that engages you from distances you can't see - no thanks.

Upvote 0
I will assume it is just like ArmA in the MP aspect. I actually had fun with the ArmA 1 demo before the game released. I played ArmA 2 once online when I got CO, though never played it again online. Never figured out how to make players respawn online or how to take control of designated AI units.

As for missions, there are two methods that can change up a mission slightly. One is setting the probability a unit will appear. The other is setting a unit and then placing a marker and synchronizing the unit with the marker(s). This means the unit has a random possibility of spawning at multiple areas.

What I can not figure out is how to make multiple units have the same probability/location of spawning. For example, it would be nice if we could set a probability for a mounted MG and the sandbag to appear or its location. Currently they are independent, so you might get both, maybe none, some sandbags, or just an MG. Or maybe there is a way to do this.

If you don't like making your own missions though I guess you're stuck with what ships with the game. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello

dont forget that there are dynamoc missions for AO and it's mods.

Xeno's domination is a great example

(i ported it to i44, i know nowt about editing, then some chap (titi/tuti i think) has really expanded my quick and dirty port.)

So, there's going to be a wealth of replay value here if they include the editor.

My caveats are that to run A2 and AO well you need a beast of a rig and to me the engine feels old and clunky.

But, if I.F. is (and it looks like it is) a professional version of a mod, then ill find the cash from somewhere to buy it.

rgds

LoK

EDIT: oh dear, tbh I had just found this thread looiking for IF info and have just watched the "gameplay" trailer on the preceeding page.

The models are very nice indeed, as is the new map. But there are not a vast amount of changes *or* models are there?

It looks like a less complex i44 with more budget for the eye candy.

I was expecting more of a radical overhaul with menus/new commands/features ala ACE or even the new i44 stuff like hand signals etc.

I do hope this was an early alpha and not a representation of a final build (two months till release date doent give much, if any, time for major changes if they are distro-ing it on physical media)

If its a DLC at cheap dlc prices then from what ive seen i might pick it up.

At the moment im a little down hearted from what ive seen.

rgds

LoK

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well, they had time and resources to license the engine, find publisher and pay developers ...

that's something You don't see often in modding world ...

yes they made mods for A2 before ...

sure it will sufers from OA limitations but at least it will have all the 1.60 and most (or all) 1.61 beta features ...

remember like Killing Floor, while on older engine than latest UE3, it was still fun good game to play

Upvote 0
Two campaigns, giving the choice to play for Wehrmacht or the Red Army.
Rich and fully destructible environment of the Southeastern Poland of 40' years with workable interiors of the buildings.
Completely new system of tank damage and destruction.
Dynamical system of destruction of cars, trucks and artillery, giving the possibility to break them into pieces.
Possibility to tow and transport the artillery with the help of trucks.
Completely new gameplay, coming out from the technical and tactical level of the history period.
More then 40 various vehicles, accurately copying the original prototypes.
New interface.

here is what I could find on the site, saying it's just a mod for Arma2 seem a bit too harsh for me when they have like 40 vehicles.

Damn you guys are hard to please, which is odd when you look at the ****ty state RO2 was shipped in lol :p

Upvote 0
here is what I could find on the site, saying it's just a mod for Arma2 seem a bit too harsh for me when they have like 40 vehicles.

Damn you guys are hard to please, which is odd when you look at the ****ty state RO2 was shipped in lol :p
Even if it will play out as a mod for ArmA2, if it's fun, balanced, enough content, many people playing it and worthwhile for the distant future -without too many bugs- I'd sure give money for it.

Upvote 0
This looks exactly like I thought it would from what ive seen so far, anyone that expected a whole new game or vast improvements over the ArmA engine were imo expecting to much. I played the origianl mod for OFP and it was alot of fun although I remember it not running that well on my machine at the time. Does anyone know how much its going to be and im assuming it isn't on steam?

Upvote 0
The thing is there is already a great free WW2 mod for ARMA2, at least content wise. Without any major gameplay changes, adding a bunch of content just doesn't do it for me.

The only thing that could make me buy this is a great multiplayer component, something at least I think ARMA2 vanilla and the mod lacks. I hope they pull it off, but that latest video rendered me less than excited, showing off a lot of vehicles, a gigantic map and ballistics and such, but really doesn't do anything great with all that content.

I hope they prove me wrong. Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0