• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Is it correct that this game will be standalone? I certainly hope so because I can't be arsed to install Arma2 and the mod.

It does look good in my opinion :)

pc_ironfrontliberationa.jpg

Reactions: kapulA
Upvote 0
Fears are pretty much confirmed.

It's essentially an ArmA 2 mod with pretty models but no gameplay improvements. They didn't even bother changing some stock ArmA sounds(explosions, tank MG). I'd chip in 10-15$ just for the sake of it, but when there's Invasion 44 there's no need for that as well. The only thing that can make it worth full price for me is an awesome PvP multiplayer.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fears are pretty much confirmed.

It's essentially an ArmA 2 mod with pretty models but no gameplay improvements. They didn't even bother changing some stock ArmA sounds(explosions, tank MG). I'd chip in 10-15$ just for the sake of it, but when there's Invasion 44 there's no need for that as well. The only thing that can make it worth full price for me is an awesome PvP multiplayer.

I think the BETA will be starting next week, so things could change or improved. It's my hope that this will be an awesome PVP game also..time will tell, but to me, this has great potential.

Upvote 0
Sadly it does look like an ArmA 2 mod. The animations in the menu are awful, they should have went with pictures or at least made the scene look better. :p

Animations are the same for walking/weapons to. Check 1:08, the guy with the MP40 is holding it in a really awkward way. Everything else is the same - the same enter/exit animation, menu, the awkward external views for aircraft, the "falling and getting stuck momentarily" issue when exiting your vehicle is still there and the vehicle physics look just as bad. I am going to assume the editor has no changes either.

Had the core gameplay been the same but with refinements such as better vehicles, better animations, and a better squad control menu it would have been attractive. This just looks like a slightly more polished mod.

I might buy it when it is very cheap just to support them though. And perhaps messing around with WWII weapons might be fun, because I44 can't be played with ACE and some other mods I have.

Upvote 0