• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Undramatic and unprofessional. Doesn't seem to have it's own identity either, still looks like ArmA2 with WW2 models to me(which it pretty much is).

Atm I agree with you. I DO looks like arma quite a lot. Still, I doubt they will release it like a 'copy' of arma. Because it's bad for business. If it was arma with mods few people would buy it.

I have a lot of hope in this game. The game got a german and russian storyline.. so that makes it even more intresting. What I REALLY hope for PVP gameplay more like in RO than arma. Because arma aren't that good in public matches imo.

Upvote 0
Iron Front

Iron Front

Anyone interested in Iron Front, can be found [url]http://electronictheatre.co.uk/pc/pc-images/14034/iron-front-%E2%80%93-liberation-1944-screenshots-revealed[/URL] basically it't similar to Red Orchestra as a tactical shooter and has the same Soviet vs Nazi setup, but one thing that got my attention was that you use aircraft in it. This is something I wish TWI would put into their game(they don't have to), I always felt it was something that felt odd and was left out that should have been follow upon.

Upvote 0
Looks interesting, hmm wait. What is that machine gunner doing!?

ironfront_screens_6.jpg

That's one strong fella:D

Upvote 0
There already is a smiliar project using the ARMA engine that has been around for several years now. 44 is what I think it is called, can't recall the name at the moment. It had very low playerbase (50 players max0 and you could not just jump into a game and play on a pub server like you can do in RO. I suspect this mod will be a small niche only used by hard core groups.

Upvote 0
Gameplay of Iron Front will be closer to real RO and DH than HoS, so in my opinion it's highly recommended to keep eye on game.
If you expected from RO to be a mil sim like the ARMA series, then you were wrong. RO was never meant to be a mil simulator(and I am glad for that), its a game which aims to be as realistic as possible and hard but still retaining the fun factor in normal pub games. ARMA, however, is unplayable in pubs and its only fun when you are playing in an organized group.

I am not saying that RO2 is fine, it still needs some issues to be corrected like more suppression, the bandage system,transition from sprinting to IS etc.

Upvote 0
If you expected from RO to be a mil sim like the ARMA series, then you were wrong. RO was never meant to be a mil simulator(and I am glad for that), its a game which aims to be as realistic as possible and hard but still retaining the fun factor in normal pub games. ARMA, however, is unplayable in pubs and its only fun when you are playing in an organized group.

I am not saying that RO2 is fine, it still needs some issues to be corrected like more suppression, the bandage system,transition from sprinting to IS etc.

I never said that. RO:O is tactical game, same as ArmA 2 and Iron Front (w/o unlocks, leveling and other bs).
RO2 is sadly run'n'gun game only with elements taken from CoD.

Last edited:
Reactions: wazups2x
Upvote 0
It looks interesting, and I don't see any need for downvoting in this thread.

Completely different type of game from RO1 & 2 though. You'll need to have a great deal of patience to get a lot out of it, and if you want MP then your going to have to join an organised group.

I don't enough time for this kind of game any more. In many ways, that's a shame.

Reactions: Stompya
Upvote 0
Gameplay of Iron Front will be closer to real RO and DH than HoS, so in my opinion it's highly recommended to keep eye on game.

I understand that you might not be pleased with the current state of RO2, but for months, all you do is say that RO2 is run'n'gun and COD-like in every single thread you post in.

That's not really the best way to help making the game what you expected it to be.

Upvote 0
There already is a smiliar project using the ARMA engine that has been around for several years now. 44 is what I think it is called, can't recall the name at the moment. It had very low playerbase (50 players max0 and you could not just jump into a game and play on a pub server like you can do in RO. I suspect this mod will be a small niche only used by hard core groups.

Invasion 1944.

I don't get why they always use 1944 in their titles as if the war started there , oh americans you so silly :rolleyes:

Uh, maybe because it is based in theaters of battle that transpired primarily in 1944 (they do have some earlier scenarios as well). Brits/Canadians still fought in '44-'45, right.

Similar instance would be Heroes of Stalingrad... does that mean the war started in '42? I hate wisecracks.

Last edited:
Reactions: HLudwig
Upvote 0
I must also comment that when I have played any of the ARMA games (I played operation flashpoint when it first came out) that the weapons always feel like pee shooters and the weapon sounds the same. I do not know why, perhaps Iron Front will fix this.

In addition the weapons all felt the same in the animation and the way that they fired. No weapon really seemed to be individual.

What ARMA's main point of difference for me is the large map. Enabling almost any scenario to be played out properly.

Can anyone confirm capture the island mode in iron front?

Eagerly awaiting to see if it does.

Upvote 0
I never said that. RO:O is tactical game, same as ArmA 2 and Iron Front (w/o unlocks, leveling and other bs).
RO2 is sadly run'n'gun game only with elements taken from CoD.

So, you are saying that RO1 is in the same league as ARMAII?.RO1(as is RO2 too) is a tactical GAME, while ARMA is a mil sim(comparing ro with arma is like comparing microsoft flight simulator with Ace combat in terms of realism)

Last edited:
Upvote 0