• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Tripwire needs to do something about RO2 -add the huge maps like in OSTFRONT and fix the artylery to compete the Iron Front game. ARMA 2 is much more realistic in these aspects...and as you look to Iron front and RO2 you can see which is more arcadish and codish and which has the realism.
I just found about the Iron Front game and it TOTALY BEATS RO2 and I am absolutely sad about that as Ostfront ve. and TRIPWIRE fan! :(
Please tripwire do something about that!
Also you can see some shi*ty developers stealing the RO@ first person cover system: FAR CRY 3!! Yes these bastards just stole the RO2 FPScover system, added some features to it and they think they are the best.! there are also other games that copy cat RO2 fps cover system. TWI should have patented that!:mad:

Upvote 0
Tripwire needs to do something about RO2 -add the huge maps like in OSTFRONT and fix the artylery to compete the Iron Front game. ARMA 2 is much more realistic in these aspects...and as you look to Iron front and RO2 you can see which is more arcadish and codish and which has the realism.
I just found about the Iron Front game and it TOTALY BEATS RO2 and I am absolutely sad about that as Ostfront ve. and TRIPWIRE fan! :(
Also you can see some shi*ty developers stealing the RO@ first person cover system: FAR CRY 3!! Yes these bastards just stole the RO2 FPScover system, added some features to it and they think they are the best.! there are also other games that copy cat RO2 fps cover system. TWI should have patented that!:mad:

Not that I like to post in old threads but... RO2 was never going be an attempt at ARMA in a WW2 setting as Iron Front is.

If you like Iron Front thats cool, its a different game.
Personally its not the type of game I want.

As for RO2 cover system being "stolen" thats how the world works.
People look at good ideas and use/develop on them.

Upvote 0

Actually some modders released 1st cover system for ArmA 2 way before RO2.

Arma II Advanced Animation Replacement/Enhancement - YouTube

ArmA 2 - SMK Animations v0.25 highlights - YouTube

regarding your post: TWI has chosen "wider audience" and left RO:O players behind.
If you like IF more it's fine, just tell your friends to get IF and join you ;)

Upvote 0
...So how are the singleplayer campaigns? Are the missions fun; is the writing good; is it semi-believeable?

I just tried it - the SP campaign is far and away the worst thing I have ever seen. My rage-o-meter went thru the roof.

Other than that, it's Arma 2. Would be nice to play MP I guess.

^^^ A few posts above yours

Upvote 0

A couple of things:

1) No one wanted RO2 to be like Iron Front.

2) Iron Front is more realistic in many ways, though far less realistic in many other ways. It has the scale, realistic mission goals/objectives, resupplying and other things. Yet the movement and weapon modeling is horrid, just like ArmA 2.

3) The first person cover system was used in Kill Zone 2, which was released before RO2 was even announced if I recall.

4) Features will be incorporated into other games. Fact of life. I believe first person cover systems will become more common as games advance. The original 3rd person cover systems were more than likely added because it was easier to magically make the camera view over your player than make the player conform to different object heights and whatnot.

5) They are different types of games. RO2 is PvP based. Iron Front might feature PvP but if it is anything like ArmA 1/2 it will be next to worthless as the game was designed for proper missions in SP/co-op.

Upvote 0
So far i'm at mission 3 of the German campaign , i think the campaign is allright , but quite challenging , you are basically a recruit rushed into the front at a time of a complete retreat of the Wehrmacht , at the moment we are behind enemy lines with 8 infantry soldiers (now we are only 6 ) trying to survive by attempting to capture Soviet weak points and resupply ourselves , so far we captured an enemy Willis vehicle and wiped out a position where we found a medical place (my medic is dead ) to heal my soldiers

The campaign so far is only infantry , but there are problems with the AI and performances overall (cause there are a lot of stuffs happening ) , i personally liked it but it's really not begginer friendly as they explain nothing basically and the challenge is there immediately , fortunately i know how to control the AI and i played many Arma2 campaigns before , so it went ok for me

I would have to go farther to say a definite opinion though , the voice acting is ok ( well in German , you have the choice to play German+subtitles or full English , i chose the former so i cant' say about English voice acting )

Scenario so far is good , my only criticism is that the missions are too "hollywood" like for an Arma campaign , so far in 3 mission , i destroyed 5 tanks with my team and i killed more than 30 soldiers at least (and i still did not finish mission 3 ) , so it's not in the same vein as some other Arma2 quality campaign where you're not supposed to "save the world " alone , but less demanding stuffs like clearing 1 or 2 villages , making a patrol or taking a strong point at night . Here in this campaign , it is asked of the player many different things (PAK gunner , driver in light vehicle , anti tank soldier , platoon leader , spotter and rifleman in the same mission ) and he has to be efficient cause the AI teammates are often clueless

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluehawk
Upvote 0
Well that's kind of what I expected. I'm sure it'll be more enjoyable for me personally than Arma 2's campaign simply by virtue of the fact there won't be any counter-insurrgency type drive-all-over-the-country-talking-to-civilians scenarios or build-a-base-like-an-RTS-and-conquer-the-entire-country scenarios.

You forgot the babysitting-entire-team-of-marines-and-they-do-their-best-to-make-it-as-difficult-as-possible-+-the-scripts-says-so.

Upvote 0
After the RO2 patch over the weekend, I will now be playing infantry again in classic mode. The tanks in RO2 are just not satisfying at all however.

So, I bought I.F. to see what the tanks would be like, just as I bought RO and RO2 for what the tanks could do. Holy Moly! The tanks in IF are an incredible tanking experience. If you like tanking buy I.F. Multiplayer tanking with my clan mates has never been so much fun. What a satisfying experience.

Hopefully TWI will have a look at it, and can be inspired also.

Upvote 0
Lulz for the MG video. I've never seen such Rambo-ness in A2, probably because it's not often MG vs Bolt. I hope they tweak it some, the player was both moving and reloading too fast, especially one handed, on the run. :rolleyes:

I think this game has great potential, at least for me, but for most people, it'll be too much. Too buggy, too slow, too big, too complicated. Just like A2.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The thing wich is annoying in Darkest hour and ostfront is that you have to go with your tank huge distances to the area were the battle is fought. That beeing very boring most of times. But in a game such as Iron front, the distance is much more managable because much more many factors influence the gameplay for the tanks than in Red Orchestra: fuel, day-night factor, the crew morale, many others that I can think of. The annoying thing in Red Orchestra Ostfront is that some penetration chances for specific tanks are ridiculous. How come a Hetzer can destroy a Su 152 from the front. It is absolubtly ridiculous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't tried it yet, but from what I've seen in some videos, the MGs are even more Rambo than in RO2. Really don't like how MGs work in Iron Front. They look just like a big SMG.
Iron Front: Liberation 1944 - Swamp Monster - YouTube

ugghhhhh my god... Massive maps, beautiful and accurate graphics, realistic tanking, inventory system, dozens of skins true to the time period, definable objectives, map editor, state of the art engine, ANNNND.... stupid *** hip shooting from the MG....

Either way... How are you all enjoying the game? I'm still contemplating updating my rig sooner than later just for this...

Upvote 0