• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

If they can fix all the horrible UI and AI issues of ARMA 2 then I'll be excited...

Really don't think it'll come anywhere close to RO2 though. (yes I know they'd be totally different kinds of games, but just in terms of FUN)
Depends on how you define FUN. ;)

For me it's more fun to walk down a road with 20 guys in formation and see nothing than be put up against some 12 year old popup-corner-window-hipshoot monkeys in RO.

And no, I'm not a bad player. :D

Upvote 0
Iron Front - RO2 direct competition?

Iron Front - RO2 direct competition?

From games website here

Game seems to be set on Eastern front and perhaps due to being on ARMA2 engine will have realistic ballistics etc. like RO2.

Doesn't sound as realistic concept-wise as RO2 because of CTF:

Online is where the battle really heats up in "Iron Front – Liberation 1944": Players can either complete missions cooperatively or compete with each other in special multiplayer modes such as "Capture the Flag" or "Attack and Defense".

Rockpapershotgun coverage here

A picture for added interest:
ironfront-pc-all-screenshot-announcement__2__591731009e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: guzz60
Upvote 0
Yep saw that, I doubt it will be any real competition, seeing as only screens are out I'm sure it would be out this year like they say.

But looks interesting and I will keep my eye on it as I do with many other ww1 and ww2 games/mods. Most of which don't come out, come out and suck, or are a great with no players.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Doubt it. This looks to be a simulation (like ArmA) with a mission editor to allow proper missions to be built. RO2 is a realism based quick paced action game.

If it fixes my issues with ArmA 2 (poor mission editor UI/lack of options, AI going dumb, better command interface) then I will get it in addition to RO2.

This competes more with ArmA 2 than RO2.

Upvote 0
Looks cool.
Obviously I will be pre ordering RO2
But I like simulator games way more then run and gun really fast paced games. I don't like dieing 10 times in under 20 minutes, or more.

I will most likely be picking up this game, but the Arma 2 engine.. I really hope they fix the clunk of movement and the animations are done.. well?

Hopefully they do the vehicles good too, like being able to see interior and such.

Upvote 0