• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Has an Anticheat been confirmed yet? I know there was talk about it but haven't seen a confirmation about which Anticheat will be used and if it will ship with one.

Any plans for a demo at all, either before release or any time after?

Lastly it's funny how things like censored insignia/symbols and server side settings like crosshairs and HUD elements in RO2 caused huge backlash in the community but hardly anything is said about Iron Front even though there is no difference ;)

Upvote 0
=GG= Mr Moe - Well, HUD is good for a start. You need to learn all these controls first, before you can start disabling more important helpers. Some of them just make the life easier, like the "goal" marker. In multiplayer it will be probably like in RO2; many server-side options, so there is no need to worry about "that stuff". It's the best a player can have, to adjust his HUD to his liking.

As for the anticheat I heard it'll be either BattlEye or PunkBuster (at least from the comments on their forum) and they are gathering opinions of the people about anticheat system.

Upvote 0
Lastly it's funny how things like censored insignia/symbols and server side settings like crosshairs and HUD elements in RO2 caused huge backlash in the community but hardly anything is said about Iron Front even though there is no difference ;)

I think, sadly, some people who had an interest in RO/RO2 were elitist pricks.

Let's have some backlash right now! (no, not really)

Upvote 0

It is probably because we know there should be crosshairs ect. because that is what ArmA 2 was like. And this is essentially ArmA 2: WWII. With about two or three improvements (vehicle damage model being one).

In terms of the HUD, I think Insurgency did it very well.

Upvote 0
It is probably because we know there should be crosshairs ect. because that is what ArmA 2 was like. And this is essentially ArmA 2: WWII. With about two or three improvements (vehicle damage model being one).

In terms of the HUD, I think Insurgency did it very well.

crosshairs has always been a server setting in arma 2 :rolleyes: play on veteran servers, no crosshairs and 3rd person there.

Upvote 0
crosshairs has always been a server setting in arma 2 :rolleyes: play on veteran servers, no crosshairs and 3rd person there.

Exactly my point.

What about the censored insignia? Is it good form to cause a ruckus over that?

I don't care about uniforms assuming they at least look rather close to the real thing. I care far more about the weapons/equipment.

Upvote 0
Anyone associated with any clans that are looking to purchase this? I'm not much of a clan guy but I'd assume I need a team of orientated players to have fun online.

Don't turn this into a flame war, please... I actually like this thread and would be a shame to lock it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To clear up the confusion a bit: Yes, it does look like ARMA 2, because the game has been made on ARMA's 2 engine. No, it doesn't mean it's just another mod with better graphics. There are improvements over basic gameplay of ARMA 2, which can be seen in gameplays regarding the game. The fact of using someone else's engine doesn't mean that you can't create a legitimate standalone game out of it. I think Unreal Engine is a good example here.

Upvote 0