• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Yeah I see third person camera and crosshairs a lot too. The third person camera bugs me the most. It really has no place in a mil-sim/realistic game.

Everytime I have some interest in this game, those items really bug me. I don't care if they are optional or what not, they keep being shown and it brings up nothing but red flags for me and tells me "Don't Buy!"

Upvote 0
Everytime I have some interest in this game, those items really bug me. I don't care if they are optional or what not, they keep being shown and it brings up nothing but red flags for me and tells me "Don't Buy!"

I think you would like it Moe.
A little effort goes a long way.
I don't use 3rd person or cross hairs.
+ it is, (ArmA) to the best of my knowledge the most open and mod friendly game out there.
You do not have to join a squad to play seriously but be aware that the leaning curve is very steep.

Iron Front I think would be a good starting point for people like yourself.

If the EDITOR is true to form, I'm going straight into a 70 odd tank battle with air support, stormy weather, mass civilian evacuation and whatever else is available.
Just for my personal pleasure :).

I am not going to recommend the game, for the simple reason, I do not yet have it in my library.

Wait for some reviews...

Upvote 0
I think you would like it Moe.
A little effort goes a long way.
I don't use 3rd person or cross hairs.
+ it is, (ArmA) to the best of my knowledge the most open and mod friendly game out there.
You do not have to join a squad to play seriously but be aware that the leaning curve is very steep.

Iron Front I think would be a good starting point for people like yourself.

If the EDITOR is true to form, I'm going straight into a 70 odd tank battle with air support, stormy weather, mass civilian evacuation and whatever else is available.
Just for my personal pleasure :).

I am not going to recommend the game, for the simple reason, I do not yet have it in my library.

Wait for some reviews...

Well, since I didn't care for ARMA because of the setting and the (IMO) horrible gameplay, I look at this only because of it being WWII. Showing me crosshairs and 3rd person view does not help sell the game to me, just the oppostite.

At this point, I would need to play a free demo or free weekend to purchase.

Upvote 0
The game should be on Steam, soon.

----

A little reminder:

If anyone from the Red Orchestra community is willing to do a video about the Iron Front Multiplayer including commentary in English (and of course has the required skills) or if anyone knows someone who does, then please send me a PM to discuss further details. ArmA/OFP knowledge and experience are not required.

Thanks.

Upvote 0