• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Iron Front: Liberation 1944

what I watched of the MP footage from SideStrafe shows some pretty good gameplay, but if you get killed it's a long hike back to the front.

do the spawn points advance as you capture more territory?

That depends on the gamemode. The first (foggy) map was very small and you couldn't spawn at captured points (at least I couldn't ... or couldn't figure out how to do it^^), yet I am not sure how this is handled on bigger maps with the same gametype (C&H gamemode).
For the second map (CH gamemode) I am not 100% sure, but I think you can somehow use the ambulance trucks you can see in the video as mobile spawn points, but I haven't yet figured out how to do it.

And in Blitzkrieg (which is based on A&S) you can spawn at any captured point.

Btw: the first map was not Blitzkrieg as Sidestrafe said, it was C&H as you can see at the end of the round.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those are server side options, just like RO2 has them. No point in complaining about them, really.

I know that it is up to the server owners how they run their servers.
But one can still rant about them. Those should not be used in PvP imo. Ppl might think that those are the default settings and the "way it was meant to be played" when even the devs play with them on.

Upvote 0
I like most of what I saw in the multiplayer video, except... the crosshair :(

That is server side option.

ArmA 2 also has it, however no one use it. Don't worry server admins disable it quickly ;) (I've never seen a crosshair in ArmA 2 MP for example).

I checked a weapon list and I'm very that Liberation doesn't have any silencers, post-WWII, futuristic weapons, CoDish unlocks, but still offers a lot of to play with. List of vehicles is great.

Gameplay video looks awesome - like real RO:O successor!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cross hairs were/are often seen in ArmA public matches, squads or serious servers tend to turn them off.
I've been playing a little vanilla mp over the last week, weaning a couple of new players into the ArmA world (this was brought about by that kiwi chap and his wombiz mod), and cross hairs are on in the few games that I've played.
PvP for the world, cross hairs off.

I hate the bloody things.

Upvote 0