• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

Started playing Borderlands again with a friend, I'm up to level 44 on my siren. I never realized just how OP she was, it's ezmode compared to every other class. You basically have to be retarded or get caught fighting vehicles on foot in an open area to die (which is also retarded).

Unfortunately, for no apparent reason I lost my friends list and it became impossible to send or receive invites. Tried every single solution I could find, nothing works. Guess I'll have to live with public games, the random Asians who keep talking on the mic even though it's obvious everyone else speaks English, and those inconsiderate high levels who join low level games and ruin the difficulty.

Upvote 0
and those inconsiderate high levels who join low level games and ruin the difficulty.

This is something I did not like about the game. Merely two levels higher can make the enemies almost impossible to kill. I remember trying to play with a friend who was about 5-7 levels higher. I would run out of ammo before I could kill a normal enemy. :p

It just made playing with friends hard unless you were constantly at the same level.

Upvote 0
Borderlands had so many synch issues between players. If it wasn't the level cap blowing difficulty totally out of proportion, it was the crap-tastic way it tried to get different player's quest logs to align.

If both those things had been better I may have spent more time playing the game with friends. But they basically contributed to the sense that nothing mattered in the end.

Upvote 0
Borderlands had so many synch issues between players. If it wasn't the level cap blowing difficulty totally out of proportion, it was the crap-tastic way it tried to get different player's quest logs to align.

If both those things had been better I may have spent more time playing the game with friends. But they basically contributed to the sense that nothing mattered in the end.

I played SP 99% of the time, and I had plenty of fun doing so.

Upvote 0
But they basically contributed to the sense that nothing mattered in the end.

I actually loved this about Borderlands, you can just hop in and shoot some stuff without worrying about the plot or quests or anything like that. The only reason there is even a story at all is for the occasional laugh, and I really liked this games sense of humor. Just finished the Robot Revolution DLC for the first time and it cracked me up

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Red Faction Armageddon. About 2 hours in, and, it is rather boring and generic. The small maps don't offer much freedom and the destruction mechanics are more for show than for actual gameplay. Story, like Guerrilla, is rather bad. But worse. The comments your character make are annoying and he comes off as a complete imbecile and I do not feel any connection to the story. At least with Guerrilla it wasn't so in your face so you could focus on the gameplay.

Going back to the destruction, where as in Guerrilla you could use it to change up the gameplay (fighting your way up a 10 story building or blowing it up), in this game you essentially have one way to play... and the structures you can blow up do not make for any different gameplay choices or styles.

The small maps are made worse by the constant cut scenes every few minutes. You fight your way through a small arena, see a short and bad cut scene, and continue on to the next set piece.

I knew this game would not live up to the prequel, though the game turned out to be even more dull than I had thought.

Maybe it will get better later in the game. I am not saying it is a horrible game, just that it is rather dull.

Edit: Finished the campaign. Steam claims I spent 7 hours, though I think that is incorrect. Probably closer to 8-9. Overall it was okay, rather repetitive and tedious. Though the previous game was better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Playing Pokemon again, suddenly felt nostalgic for Nintendo games, and I'm worried that by the time I get my next paycheck I'm going to have have the entire silicone valley worth of DS chips piled up into my room!! :eek:

Also who here has played Mother? Man that game deserves a sequel, re-boot or at least a proper North American/Europe release. Why Nintendo keeps gems like these are locked up in Japan is beyond me...

Upvote 0
Since Borderlands is mentioned on this page...

Is anyone playing an open world/open ended FPS game (or TPS) that they would recommend? I really like open world/ended shooter games and I am looking for something new. Examples of what I have played and liked:

STALKER series
Borderlands
Far Cry 2
Red Faction Guerrilla

I am looking at Rage and Borderlands 2 when that is released, but is there anything else out at the moment that I should look into?

Upvote 0
RO2 Classic. Still I find the game to have many faults, but it feels much, much better. It feels a bit like RO1 which is good. I no longer feel inclined to sprint at light speed. It seems like the back/white affects when a bullet passes by are finally gone which is very nice.

Overall I had some fun with Classic. I no longer think it is a bad game, though I don't think it is superb. Overall a game worth getting at the sale price.

I'll be playing it a bit more provided the game stays populated after the free weekend. It is a shame it took many months to get the game in this shape. I have high hopes for In Country and Rising Storm.

Upvote 0
RO2 Classic. Still I find the game to have many faults, but it feels much, much better. It feels a bit like RO1 which is good. I no longer feel inclined to sprint at light speed. It seems like the back/white affects when a bullet passes by are finally gone which is very nice.

Overall I had some fun with Classic. I no longer think it is a bad game, though I don't think it is superb. Overall a game worth getting at the sale price.

I'll be playing it a bit more provided the game stays populated after the free weekend. It is a shame it took many months to get the game in this shape. I have high hopes for In Country and Rising Storm.

Nice. I'm downloading it at the moment and I'm eager to try clasic mode. I couldn't try it in the beta because my internet is too slow for those 3Gb patches every few days

Upvote 0