• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

I have been playing a unhealthy amount of civ 5 while my main machine is all in bits.

Let me just say one thing, Ghandi Dont believe his lies. You would of been his trading partner for thousands of years, gone to war with him, and given him financial aid. But as soon as he gets nukes. well it all changes, and peace goes out the door.

So knida what India was like when they got their hands on the nukes then...

Upvote 0
Been playing Project Zomboid. After having been pretty disappointed with Indie Stone in terms of their time table and some of their dev decisions...this newest build really has caught my attention. It's not fundamentally different than previous builds, but a handful of new features and balancing have finally delivered on the whole "rogue-like zombie apocalypse survival" aspect of it. Whereas before you simply got cornered and slaughtered, now you have much more freedom to move around, and stretch out your existence.

For those that don't know, PZ is an isometric zombie survival game, based pretty heavily around World War Z. I.e. it's as realistic as possible, and models everything from food and thirst to your mental states. It is NOT the kind of zombie game where you murder hordes of zombies with ridiculous weapons. In this game, you're going to die, it's just a matter of when...and how.

Upvote 0
Bought Force Unleashed 1 & 2 for cheap during the May the 4th Be With You sale.

I really like it a lot. My major gripe though is that it handles pretty ****ty on the PC. The lock on is barely functional considering when this game was made, there are tons of animations that you're locked into, and the jedi boss fights...are complete bull****. Nothing like bosses that can block 95% of your attacks without any sort of penalty, then corner **** you for you for half your life before you even get control back. Just getting your dude to turn around after getting hit in the back is a chore.

While the physics are delicious, sadly it still isn't a better saber-fighting game than Jedi Knight Outcast, and that makes me a little sad. We need a top-notch saber-dueling game in this millennium.

Otherwise, there's a ton to like about the game. The collectibles and unlocks are desirable, stuff is pretty cleverly hidden in each level and the levels are long (occasionally feeling a little too long...but that's better than too short.)

I'm just really disappointed in the handling, because it stops the action from being exceptional. Instead it's merely good, and occasionally frustrating. Hoping it's better in FU2. (Heh) The action in the game really cries out for good handling and high levels of responsiveness....something FU1 does not have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Picked up Testament of Sherlock Holmes and Spec Ops: The Line over the last few days they have been on sale.

The Sherlock Holmes series is improving, looks a lot nicer that previous iterations and the voice acting isn't as terrible as it used to be but there is an imbalance between logic and deduction puzzles and the majority of the puzzles are far too easy. Also the lip syncing is horrendous are there are still a few bad voice actors here and there. Also they have yet to nail down the look and feel of Victorian London but they are getting closer.

Only just started Spec Ops, gameplay is a deeply average experience but I expected that having played the demo but the setting and story are interesting. Most people say it's only a 4-5hr campaign but for the sale price it seemed worth it.

Upvote 0
Only just started Spec Ops, gameplay is a deeply average experience but I expected that having played the demo but the setting and story are interesting. Most people say it's only a 4-5hr campaign but for the sale price it seemed worth it.

If you consider story part of a game's value, I don't think you'll be disappointed. At $30 it's not an experience I felt was worth it, but at $10 - $15 I was satisfied. It's one of those games I played once and will probably almost never, ever re-install. That said, I enjoyed the ride. (Too bad the gunplay is as bland as milk toast and there's absolutely zero meta-mechanics.)

Upvote 0
I recently started playing Fallout: New Vegas again, this time modified by a good amount of mods and 3rd party expansions. I like the enhanced damage effects the most, like turning your enemies into a bloody smoking ash pile. Furthermore I've developed quite a reputation with Caesar's legion for blowing their bounty squads clear off my track with C4 explosives. Apparently these lads didn't like me taking control of the Strip by myself.

Upvote 0
Waframe.

For a F2P co-op shooter, it's actually pretty good. It looks sexy, does everything it can to make your guy cool, the leveling (while obviously F2P in its scope) is still pretty satisfying and compelling. Levels with 4 people start to become really challenging, as there are **** loads of guys and plenty of mini-boss type characters. Games are very easy to get into and to play through, and jumping back into the action takes just seconds.

Of all the F2P games I've started lately (Path of Exile, Planetside 2, Mechwarrior Online, League of Legends, ect....) Warframe feels like the first one that isn't a chore to keep playing.

It's not perfect, by any means. There's a lot of reuse in the random level generation, and new mods/features are perhaps dolled out a little slowly. The gunplay still feels a little weak (reminds me a bit of Borderlands 1 actually.) The wall-running and all that fanciness still needs some work.

But those are all minor detractors from an otherwise very playable co-op PvE game.

Upvote 0
World of Tanks.

• Free 2 Play
  • Game Features: Unique tanks (not cookie cutter), Time period: Pre-WW2 to Early Post-WW2 tanks, Module damage, and etc.
  • Tank types: Light (scouts), Medium (aglie all-arounders), Heavy (soaks up damage and pushes the front lines), Tank-Destroyer (snipers), Self-Propelled Gun (mobile artillery).
  • Weekly discounts and special events
  • Supports skins and add-ons
  • Starts out rough and slow, moderate learning curve.
  • Easy and fast to get to Tier 5 tanks (Tier 10 is the highest).
  • I got up to multiple Tier 7 and one Tier 8 tank without paying for anything.
  • Premium Account gives you 50% more exp/credits per battle. So its worth it if you want to save grinding time. I use it now that I'm grinding multiple Tier 8 tanks as well as starting up new tank lines.

World of Tanks - Cromwell Gameplay - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ye, + OP Russian tanks, P-2-W after Tier VII-I and a lot of headless ****** doing everything but def. not teamplay.
I would suggest War Thunder, they just released their groundunit teaser (although they aren't perfect, they'll def put some competition to WarGamings monopol, WoWP got crushed already :p time to get some work into the naval aspect WG!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you want teamwork, you need to either play in a platoon or tank company. This game is honestly no different in teamwork compared to other games. Either people listen or they don't.
but each game has a different community. ArmA vs CoD anyone?
Playing historical battles (ofc arcade is infested with morons) in WT is pretty much the opposite to the typical WoT experience.

Upvote 0