• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

4b is the version everyone is playing.

Just got into a few games. Got only 1 kill as the Hidden. :(

Aside from that for about 40 minutes today, I played some MW:O beta and have been playing that as well as BF3 for the past few weeks.

New version of DCS World was released and I downloaded it so I will probably play that some more. Still annoyed that I have to rebuy my KA-50 for it. :mad:

Finished all but one of the FO NV DLCs. I'll get back into that eventually and finish that up as well.

I am also thinking of reinstalling Crysis 1/Warhead. Never played that on the 560ti.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just started Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy for the PS2, a birthday present from my mom. I am only 1 hour in, but so far, it seems far less inspired than the original Mana Khemia. Sigh.
With the success of World of Tanks, Wargaming.net released plane-themed game World of Warplanes. This game is also a mmorpg, and it has the improved graphics and effects compared to the previous one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mirror's Edge.

Nice concept, nice setting, but horrible execution (its DICE though). Your character will often clip through things she is supposed to grab resulting in you falling and dying. Controls are also laggy and unresponsive. I am at a certain part where my character simply can not grab onto a pole even though her hands are clearly touching it. I can jump/grab two other poles right before it but the third one the character simple clips right through. For a game that is nearly 4 years old that is unacceptable as you can't progress.

To top it off, there are no quick saves. Hell, there are not even check point saves. Want to play the game later? Get ready to restart the entire level (sometimes 40+ minutes of gameplay).

I'd give it a 4/10. 2 for the concept, 2 for a somewhat decent game. -6 for game stopping bugs.

Upvote 0
I finished the game multiple times, including one on the highest difficulty without shooting anybody, and I never had a problem with unresponsive controls or with clipping through things.
I'm also pretty sure (although not 100%) that I could resume at checkpoints.:confused:

Not playing much these days. When I do it's Torchlight 2 with a buddy. Not much of a story compared to Diablo 1 and 2 (and I assume 3, but I haven't played that past the beta) but other than that and the lacking atmosphere that comes with it it's quite alright.
The third act has mushroom foes that are hilarious.:D So there's that.

Upvote 0
Been playing some (more like, a lot) of Borderlands 2. Playing through Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for 100% completion and then I'll be ready to play through the GTA: Liberty City Stories and GTA: Vice City Stories double pack I just ordered from Amazon on the good 'ol Playstation 2.

Darkest Orchestra :cool:

I've been meaning to get in there and try it out after Theel updated a bit. I played it on release but server pop was minimal. I'll jump in later on today.

Upvote 0
My only concern is the Ground Pounders server being able to handle all of the slots they've enabled. Last night saw some consistent lag spiking. 40 - 50 players is acceptable if it means the game runs smoothly. 70 players seemed to cause problems that we werent experiencing previously. The 29th server can handle those numbers because, from what I've been told, they spend an exorbitant amount on their rigs. Other than that, the mod is great and will only improve. RO2? olol.

(if only they would tweak the acceleration of the suppression 'jerk'. I have learned to accept the suppression system (I've always hated it and it caused me to not play DH since it's inception), but I still think the speed, the acceleration of the 'jerk' needs to be toned down just a hair. It's more extreme than it needs to be, and no, this isn't an attempt to be able to control the 'jerk', it shouldnt be controllable, but at the same time it shouldnt be so jarring. You can achieve the desired result of people taking cover when shot at without such a disorienting, and dare I say, unrealistic response.)

Upvote 0
Been playing nothing but Natural Selection, getting back into it and once again finding myself near the top of the scoreboards (not that score means much in such a teamwork-reliant game like NS). It really is the best game ever made (IMHO). I think my laziness when it comes to setting up scripts and abusing rate and FPS settings for maximum advantage is holding me back from joining the elite competitive players, but I do feel a bit dirty using such things.

Also, just tried Payday because of the free weekend. It seems like a fun little co-op game, I'll probably end up buying it before the sale ends. Doubt it has as much replay value as say, KF, though.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Been playing some (more like, a lot) of Borderlands 2.

How is it? I've read about some performance issues on Nvidia. Have they gotten around to patching it?

Really liked the first game, even though I played it offline 98% of the time. Plan on doing it for this game to unless they changed the way levels worked. In the first one my friend was 5-7 levels higher than me making the enemies almost impossible for me to kill. Yet, they were extremely easy for him.

Upvote 0