• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

Made a tribute to Kryukovo in MoW Editor. One of my favourite maps of RO1. Just couldn't do the bridge right so I left it out. Thanks Rak :p
Spoiler!

Accurate depiction of the map. Look at all those shambe bambeh explosions! GLORIOUS!

Upvote 0
Is that Warband, or are you using some mods?
Yes and yes.:)
The mods don't do anything besides visual upgrades.

I have Realistic Colors, which desaturates the textures that aren't changed with the other two mods, then I have Improved Buildings, which improves buildings, obviously, and Polished Landscapes, which is responsible for the pretty trees and flowers and all.

The game still suffers badly from the random-rolling-hill-syndrome and none of the mods addresses this. I hid it as best I could in the screenshots but it's still in the game.:(

If you want to download these go to the "Improved Buildings" topic. He has links to the other two in the opening post as well. It's crucially important that you download Polished Landscapes from here (i.e. the link in the Improved Buildings topic) and not from the Polished Landscapes topic's opening post, because that version is out of date and if you use it with the recent version of Warband buildings will float in village scenes!

Upvote 0
@Bluehawk: I keep hearing good things about this mod, but downloading it seems so inconvenient.:(

@Rak: I don't care what anyone says about GT5 having better looking cars and Forza better looking tracks, Forza never had tracks that actually looked photo realistic. I don't care if they have bigger textures or smoother models in Forza, if you watch the gif above it looks like an actual film. This never happens in Forza, as good as it might look.

Speaking of which, Richard Burns Rally had really ****ty models and blurry textures on its tracks, and it still looked more photo realistic than Forza.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you want to download these go to the "Improved Buildings" topic. He has links to the other two in the opening post as well. It's crucially important that you download Polished Landscapes from here (i.e. the link in the Improved Buildings topic) and not from the Polished Landscapes topic's opening post, because that version is out of date and if you use it with the recent version of Warband buildings will float in village scenes!

Just installed them. Even the world map looks really good! I like those mods

Thanks, Murphy :)

Also, Zips:

if you died - that's always a bad thing hehe

I lol'd xD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Today I downloaded the BMS 4.32 mod for Falcon 4 (the original, not Allied Force). It is largely a new game. The graphics are far superior to Falcon 4 AF, and the 2D cockpit is replaced by a very detailed 3D cockpit that is clickable. Graphically it is still inferior to LOMAC/DCS in many ways, but it is sufficient. The flight model is great to. There are some extra flyable planes such as the F-18C (shown later in the video) but it is rather incomplete compared to the F-16s.

Here is a video showing off the 3D cockpit:

Falcon 4 BMS 3D Cockpit - YouTube

FalconBMS2011-10-1814-12-35-05.jpg

FalconBMS2011-10-1814-12-08-25.jpg

FalconBMS2011-10-1814-12-03-39.jpg

F-18C:

FalconBMS2011-10-1814-14-02-69.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks absolutely fine in motion. The only problem is that there are no LOD models for any of the new models, so slower systems might feel a big performance impact.
I played the mod just fine on my old 3500HDwhatever though, which is about as fast as a 6600GT, with a 3.0 P4 equivalent and 2GB of ram. So it's not so bad.

Helping this fella's friends against "soldiers" because he asked nicely:
Q0rUI.jpg

Stole some documents, fled to the roof, but I guess this one isn't here to give me a lift...:
2Fylf.jpg

See? It did the same with the grass and the helicopter in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (how annoying is this to type, huh?). Might have somethign to do with how Steam takes its screenshots, or with the jpeg compression. I don't know, but again, it looks ok in-game. *shrug*

Last edited:
Upvote 0