• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Squad (New Game from the Devs of Project Reality)

I played tonight for the first time in about 2 months since I bought the game and I can say that performance is vastly improved. I have a decent rig and was getting maxed out at 20 FPS when I first installed along with huge lags if I turned quickly. Now I am 30 - 60 FPS the entire match with no lag and High Settings. Good game and much like RO2, a little steep on the learning curve but man those weapon sounds are intense.

Upvote 0
V4 patch boosted performance, this one (V5) only a couple of frames for most people, but a decent amount for a few. Maybe you were one of the lucky ones. :)

Once the animation system is rebuilt (May most likely), you should see a dramatic change. If you go on the shooting range alone and check your fps and then go into a loaded server, you'll see a big drop. We should get a good sized chunk of that drop back.

The sounds are awesome, the overall sound package is the best I've ever heard.

Upvote 0
The sounds are awesome, the overall sound package is the best I've ever heard.

The guy that does the sounds is Anders he released a few sound mods for Insurgency a couple of years ago then went on to create a mini sound mod for Project Reality where he was taken on full time to work as a PR dev, now he's working for the Squad devs, his sound mods have always been top quality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0