• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fix LAN servers

Teraku

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
Netherlands
steamcommunity.com
You know what would REALLY be nice? A working LAN Server option. The current one does almost nothing because it doesn't restrict to LAN, just like UT2004 didn't.

Every damn time I want to play a match with some friends, thousands of people join and I keep having to kick them. LAN Server option only allowing people on the local network to join would be really nice.

And no, passwording the server isn't an option because Tripwire never fixed KF trying to remember the server password, which causes an unknown Steam error.

For those of you who clearly didn't understand: Ticking the LAN Server option when hosting a Listen Server allows others to join. This bugs the hell out of me.

So in other words the lan server system is broke. Ever tired just running a dedicated lan server?

If I am right the bat command for kf should still be -lanplay like it was in UT2K4

You can run one in windows by making all the server files and running your bat as a different user by holding shift and right clicking the bat file. I make a different windows user which has no desktop for this obvious reason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There isn't really a LAN server to fix. A server is a server.
LAN options in the menu are for altering netspeed. I think it may even say this in the tooltip.

[IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
DoUplink=False

should prevent it from listing on the master server.

Anything really that would deny the server net access for the ports KF uses would resolve this, which is usually the opposite of what most people need help with ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0