• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cannot play anymore for some unknown reasons

war1us

Feb 3, 2012
Hello!

I have a slight problem with the game as of the evening of (around 7 P.M. GMT+0) 12th April. I think mentioning the time might be helpful.
When entering the game and reached the main menu, a window appeared clarifying something about the game, that we haven't purchased the game itself, but a license using its content, et cetera, clicked OK and tried to join one of my favorite servers. The loading screen (where some tips are showed) was missing the image and when connected and spawned I couldn't move or use the chat (about the picture, I have used the console command "say", using T or typing "say" without the console didn't work).

I've made a screenshot when spawned:
Code:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/celcareuraste/screenshot/542924547152697481?tab=public
As you can see, the textures are not in the right place.

I have verified the game's files integrity and the problem persists.
Reinstalled the game, same issue.

I would be very grateful if someone helps me with this one.

Last edited:
I think you have to delete your killingfloor.ini and then verify the game cache to acquire a new .ini.
Thanks for replying!

I have tried this, but didn't work :(.

Deleting the whole game from the drive and installing back again should have fixed the problem, but it didn't. I think this problem is related with the agreement window that appeared on the main menu. This weird issue also triggered to show some general tips about the game, like the zeds count for example.

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying!

I have tried this, but didn't work :(.

Deleting the whole game from the drive and installing back again should have fixed the problem, but it didn't. I think this problem is related with the agreement window that appeared on the main menu. This weird issue also triggered to show some general tips about the game, like the zeds count for example.

I'll make some research.

Upvote 0
Find your user.ini and delete it (steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\system).

Don't forget to report back if it works!

Not sure if that fixed the problem because I have uninstalled Killing Floor via Steam and installed it again. Also, I don't know if user.ini is deleted during that process so I'm really not sure :confused:.

On my last attempt I have uninstalled Killing Floor and deleted everything that was left, installed it again and worked!
Same as kokole, everything was lost (settings, favorites list, etc), as it should, but the perks remain.

Thanks Olivier and kokole for your input! And sorry for the double post at the beginning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0