• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KILLING FLOOR ERROR. Bad name index...

nezinau

Dec 9, 2011
So today when i wanted to play the killing floor when i saw the new christmas update. when i started the game, "killing floor" screen loads for a bit and drops an error like this.

"Critical Error

Bad name index -695371933/4633. This error is problably dude to either
your computer is overheating (when its ice cold.), or a corrupted installation of your game. If this error persists, please try reinstall the game... "

so i tried to reinstall but it didnt help at all :eek:. i need your help guys. i really want to play that new update ;P

If you are certain that your CPU or graphics card is not overheating then I suggest you verify your game cache through Steam - right-click the game -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache. If all files pass validation then try running a check on the drive for errors via Windows - right-click the drive in Computer -> Properties -> Tools -> Check drive for errors.

Upvote 0
If you are certain that your CPU or graphics card is not overheating then I suggest you verify your game cache through Steam - right-click the game -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache. If all files pass validation then try running a check on the drive for errors via Windows - right-click the drive in Computer -> Properties -> Tools -> Check drive for errors.

thanks for the help, but your tips didnt work. i still need help.:confused:

Upvote 0
Bad name index.

Bad name index.

Critical error

Bad name index -695371933/4633. this is problably due to either your computer is overheating, or a corrupted installation of your game. if this error persists, please try re-installing the game.

Anyways my computer works fine and i tried lot of metods to fix this error. so can u guys help me -.-

Upvote 0
Stick to one thread. It is a corrupted file so you will need to make sure that you have run chkdsk /r on the drive it is installed on, checked the game cache, and if that fails you will have to uninstall it, and manually remove the leftover files in the killingfloor directory, and reinstall it.

Upvote 0