Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

CHANGES
  • Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
DO NOTs
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT post cheats or exploits; THIS INCLUDES ALL/ANY REFERENCES TO HACKING, PIRATED SOFTWARE etc.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
Examples:
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

Fix for "Querying Master Server"

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix for "Querying Master Server"

Edit: The information in this post was out of date so has been deleted.

This issue has cropped up again recently. At the moment it looks like there may be problems on Steam's end. You may be able to find servers by using the Steam server browser instead of the in-game one - to do this right-click on the Steam tray icon and click Servers, and in the Servers tab make sure that you filter by Killing Floor and click Refresh. This should bring back a server list. If it doesn't then you can almost be sure that Steam is having more fundamental issues.

Also, Steam may have wiped the master server file for some people. Try hosting a listen server from the main menu, start playing and then disconnect, and then try finding servers again. Apparently this causes the file to be created.
    Last edited by Morello; 12-09-2011, 07:31 PM.

I followed the instructions and i am still getting the querying master servers thing.

Comment

Me too, I unzipped the Masterservers.vdf file into my config folder but I still can't join any internet Killing Floor servers

I run Vista

After opening steam using Properties -> Compatability -> XP Service pack 2 its now working fine, yay
      Last edited by Triplebeam; 02-15-2010, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Yep - I got the same problem yesterday and have tried a multitude of things without success. What's the go???

Comment

Well - Bugger me!!!

I had one final go with a slightly different angle. I went back into https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...1452-HCVB-6984 as suggested below and opened the link MasterServers.vdf directly. Then I Selected all, copied and pasted into the MasterServers.vdf file using wordpad, making sure that I remove all orig data from it first. Then saved and checked in properties as read only.

This variation may help others having problems.

Cheers all!

Please use the following process and custom file to troubleshoot the issue:
          • Exit from Steam completely
          • Download this custom file: MasterServers.vdf - If the file does not download when clicked, please right click this link and select "Save Target As..."
          • Place it in your \Steam\config\ folder (You will need to overwrite the current file already in place)
            • Default location: C:\Program Files\Steam\config\
          • Right click this updated file and select "Properties"
          • In the General tab, make sure the "Read-only" box is checked and click OK
          • Re-start Steam and test the issue
          • If the issue persists, please complete the rest of this article

Comment

I cannot download the MasterServers.vdf clicking it only brings up a dead link and right clicking doesn't give me 'open target to' option, only 'open in new tab' etc.etc. Has anyone else had this issue? is there anywhere else I can get the MasterServers.vdf file from?

Cheers

Comment

With the recent Steam client update this issue should not occur any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Morello View Post
                With the recent Steam client update this issue should not occur any more.
                just got the game and it is happening. running windows 7

Comment

Valve has recently upgraded the steam master servers and it is taking time for all games that use it to repopulate the server list.

But try restarting steam.
                  Pretty, what do we blow up first? - Myn Donos

Comment

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3702/
                    Pretty, what do we blow up first? - Myn Donos

Comment

I've had Killing Floor for about a week. I'm never able to connect to any servers. I'm unable to level, get news, join multiplayer... Everyone on my Steam account can see me playing, and I can see them, but I can't join their games. I've tried downloading things for the Steam folder, I've tried re-installing Killing Floor twice, deleted all local content, even played around with the connection options in the KF settings. Nothing seems to work. I've tried getting updates, but those don't seem to work either. I just enter Killing Floor, and there's nothing else to do...

Comment

I just got Killing Floor yesterday, and have not been able to find any servers, per the "Querying Master Server" problem. I tried all the advice provided on this page, and nothing changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sieged View Post
                          I tried all the advice provided on this page
                          What exactly have you tried yet?
                          Don't tell me how to use a flamethrower. Ever.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DBADHGZ.png[/IMG]

Comment

I tried exiting steam and replacing the master server files 1 and 2, making them read only and restarting. When that failed I manually replaced the text in these files as suggested by strewth. Another forum suggested waiting about 30 seconds in the server menu then refreshing, which also had no effect. My Steam client is fully up to date, and I don't have the option on my system to run in Win XP SP2 compatibility on this system.

BTW I assumed it probably wasn't a router issue because my roomate can play it without any problems on his computer.
                            Last edited by Sieged; 07-08-2011, 12:32 PM.

Comment

i have tried re putting in the master files and i have also put myself in steams beta to see if that would help and i still get this issue -.- i didint spend 10$ to play singleplayeer

Comment

Working...
                              X