• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Easier way to kick?!?!?

ScarFace

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
I've been running listen servers on my computer since the game came out. I know how to login as administrator and how to kick people. However, some people that join have names with special characters or odd characters that aren't found on the keyboard. To kick an individual the admin MUST type the players name verbatim but if they are using special characters you CANNOT do this.

Just last night some guy was on my server and griefing hardcore (blocking the trader, welding doors...essentially being a huge d*ck). I was helpless to kick him due to the fact his name was about 20 characters long all of which were impossible to type in.

Does ANYONE know how to copy and past someones name from the command screen or some other easier way to kick people when hosting a LISTEN SERVER????

PLEASE HELP!!

Admin commands

Admin commands

I've been running listen servers on my computer since the game came out. I know how to login as administrator and how to kick people. However, some people that join have names with special characters or odd characters that aren't found on the keyboard. To kick an individual the admin MUST type the players name verbatim but if they are using special characters you CANNOT do this.

Just last night some guy was on my server and griefing hardcore (blocking the trader, welding doors...essentially being a huge d*ck). I was helpless to kick him due to the fact his name was about 20 characters long all of which were impossible to type in.

Does ANYONE know how to copy and past someones name from the command screen or some other easier way to kick people when hosting a LISTEN SERVER????

PLEASE HELP!!

Go into your settings/controls options and look for KickPlayer menu option and set key for it.

Or alternatively here's list of admin console commands;

Admin Login: adminlogin <Yourname><Yourpass>

Other Commands:
admin kick list //Calls Up The Kick List In The Console ((Each Players ID & Assigned No
admin kick name or No //Kicks The Player From The Server In The Console
admin kick ban name or No //Bans The Player From The Server In The Console
admin map list //Calls Up The Map List In The Console Maps Also Have No.s Next To There Names
admin servertravel mapname or No. //Loads Up The Desired Map
adminlogout //Goes Without Saying

Example of Binds In Your User.ini File;

GreyStar=ADMINLOGIN <yourname> <yourpass>
GreySlash=ADMIN KICK LIST
GreyMinus=ADMIN MAP LIST
GreyPlus=ADMINLOGOUT

Upvote 0
ANG3L;n825452 said:
Admin commands

Go into your settings/controls options and look for KickPlayer menu option and set key for it.

Or alternatively here's list of admin console commands;

Admin Login: adminlogin <Yourname><Yourpass>

Other Commands:
admin kick list //Calls Up The Kick List In The Console ((Each Players ID & Assigned No
admin kick name or No //Kicks The Player From The Server In The Console
admin kick ban name or No //Bans The Player From The Server In The Console
admin map list //Calls Up The Map List In The Console Maps Also Have No.s Next To There Names
admin servertravel mapname or No. //Loads Up The Desired Map
adminlogout //Goes Without Saying

Example of Binds In Your User.ini File;

GreyStar=ADMINLOGIN <yourname> <yourpass>
GreySlash=ADMIN KICK LIST
GreyMinus=ADMIN MAP LIST
GreyPlus=ADMINLOGOUT

Cool thanks, this will come in handy.

For "admin servertravel", it looks like it only works for full map name (minus .rom extension - and it also appears to be non case sensitive, so you don't have to type in KF-Aperture to get to that map and can instead use kf-aperture) only so you can't take a shortcut and use a number in it's place...... :confused: As it would appear using a number, for example in this command: "admin servertravel 1" Would just restart the current map...

Also this command is equivalent to "admin map x" where "x" is the exact map name, non-case sensitive....which also doesn't appear to work with the map numbers either.....

Also one question on this - if you have a server that has tons of maps and the map list gets cut off, because there is a limit of lines that an be scrolled back up, what then and say the map you want to change to is one of those maps that got cut off(and that you are not sure what the exact name of the map is)?

Wait make that two questions - this is the second one, as admin how do you force switch game modes? I tried using admin map KFO-Steamland to switch to Objective mode on Steamland map but nothing happened. Nevermind, by using the other command "admin map kfo-steamland" I was able to force game mode change and to that steamland map as well. But this command requires you needing to know the exact mapname beforehand(as to get to the game mode requires at least one mapname in its mode) on the game mode to switch to.....

Ok, I used this command to switch to Gun Game mode on map GG-CamoTime and it loads up and the game assumes it's the standard PVE, but it's in fact PVP game mode and all functionality of said mode appears to have been lost. So it would appear all this command does is change maps and not exactly change game modes per se.....ok so how would I go about changing straight into D3KF if they're using the same maps as the standard default game does??

Is there even a command to change game modes?

Last edited:
Upvote 0