• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Cannot load the game at all.

Killed By

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 13, 2011
So I recently got Steam back and downloaded KF. For some weird reason, it will show the little picture of the two guys and the scrake and then it has an error, not allowing me to play the game. I actually get two different errors, but the game will choose one or the other.

The first one is a runtime error. It will say, "Runtime error! (program file here) This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more info."

The second one is a critical error, saying that there is a genereal protection fault, for some reason showing my OS, CPU and video card, followed by a bunch of weird text. It looks like some huge command to me, but I would have no way of telling. Here is what it is;

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Class GUIPage) <- UObject::StaticConstructObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (GUIPage 1229264) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (UT2K4GUIPage 1229264) <- ULinkerLoad::CreateImport <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (PopupPageBase 1913882) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (FloatingWindow 1913882) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (LargeWindow 1913882) <- ULinkerLoad::CreateImport <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (KickInfoPage 314313) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad<<UObject <- (LinkerLoad Package.LinkerLoad 314313)) <- SerializeExpr <- (2E) <- SerializeExpr <- (0F) <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Function xVoting.VotingReplicationInfo.SendPlayerID) <- UFunction::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Function xVoting.VotingReplicationInfo.SendPlayerID 314313==314313/395381 314281 123) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- LinkProperties <- UStruct::Link <- UState::Link <- UClass::Link <- UStruct::Serialize <- (Class xVoting.VotingReplicationInfo) <- UState::Serialize <- UClass::Serialize <- (Class xVoting.VotingReplicationInfo) <- LoadObject <- (Class xVoting.VotingReplicationInfo 314313==314313/395381 22613 1736) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class xVoting.xVotingHandler NULL) <- UObject::processEvent <- (GameInfo Entry.GameInfo, Function Engine.GameInfo.InitGame) <- BeginPlay <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

If anyone has any solution to fixing this, please reply. I have not played this game in years and am itching to get back to it.