• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Low FPS on R9 290

AssassinMonLV

May 9, 2013
Hey guys, so I recently upgraded to the Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x, and I am getting low numbers for a card like this. In BF4 I get 80fps constant, sometimes dipping to 78fps, but in this game my fps stays constantly at 63/62 (bouncing back and forth really quickly), it never goes less or higher. I know something is up, this card should easily be going 120+ fps on this game. Anybody know what's going on?

I forgot to mention, vsync is definitely turned off, I have a 120 refresh rate monitor as well, so if it was turned on it would be at 120.

After I dug around a little, I found that the new Catalyst drivers have put a hard cap on all direct3d games and earlier to 60 fps to prevent bugs as older games are not meant to be run at more than 60, this is annoying in the case of Killing Floor as I know it can run higher, my old 570 was doing 120fps on this game, so this game is quite capable to run higher fps. So, sadly there is no way to turn this off, only rolling back to pre 14 drivers, which I don't really want to, mantle is so much better than DirectX11.

Upvote 0