• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

0 - No servers after Summer Update.

Spartan1388

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Two hours before the update everything was fine.

Three hours later, I start the game, try to connect, and nothing. Zero servers.
I try to connect manually, but the game stucks at loading the index.rom

Games also says that it cannot connect to "news server".

Playing Solo works.

Come on!

What kind of c### is that?

It is the ONCE A YEAR event, I cannot play in multilayer, I cannot even connect to the news servers!!!

It has been two whole days since this happened.

Other people can play, I know because they invite me and I cannot join. Stupid game gets stuck at loading "index.rom" and then connection fails.

I DID NOT installed a new antivirus.
I DID NOT changed antivirus or firewall settings.
I DID NOT changed a modem/router.
I DID NOT changed hardware.
I DID NOT installed any new software.
I DID NOT had any problems just before the update.
I DO HAVE many problems AFTER the update.
I DID tried verifying the game files. It DOES NOT make anything.

What the Hell is happening?

Upvote 0
OK, I will verify again.

To be honest, I did not verified again because yesterdays KF and KF-SDK upgrades were successful.

I only verified at 03/07/2014

--------------------------------

EDIT

Verified once. One file was downloaded.

Verified twice. All files validated successfully.

Game still cannot connect to news or see any servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Verified once. One file was downloaded.

This is the same result I had. One file failed to validate, re-downloaded and I was able to connect just fine; but I have a feeling I'll be re-validating my cache again in the near future. I've noticed KF seems to be generally having "issues" since the updates.

You could try what Shuu suggested, if you haven't already. I'm not really sure what else to suggest myself.

Upvote 0
I erased everything beyond recovery. Nothing can grow back from the old files.

193 files failed to validate (the ones I deleted) and were downloaded.

Nothing changed.

Thanks for not telling me to save my settings before deleting. I really wanted to lose all my custom key-mappings, macros and the display settings it took me a month to get right... :p

I tried re-installing, but the game keeps recovering the old files and the result is still the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I erased everything beyond recovery. Nothing can grow back from the old files.

193 files failed to validate (the ones I deleted) and were downloaded.

Nothing changed.

Thanks for not telling me to save my settings before deleting. I really wanted to lose all my custom key-mappings, macros and the display settings it took me a month to get right... :p

I tried re-installing, but the game keeps recovering the old files and the result is still the same.

Did you forgot to forward some ports, or do you have a firewall?

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue, but I don't recall the exact error. I just know I wasn't able to connect to my game servers.

I deleted the KF SDK as well as KF completely from my system and only installed KF. Works fine now and it even worked after the second update they did without having to do anything. (Other than updating all my game servers)

Upvote 0
As a client he doesn't need to forward any ports, but since the game updated it might have become unflagged in his firewall/AV so it'd be a good idea for him to check those. :)

I do not need to, but I have them forwarded to run servers.

Firewalls are allowing KF through.

I had to rename the file so that Steam will not recover it, delete the file, delete local content, then validate, 907 files failed to validate, and the whole game is being reinstalled.

EDIT
Which did nothing. Game is still not seeing any servers.

ANOTHER EDIT

Tested it with BOTH Firewalls down. Still nothing works... :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Somehow, i saw servers once. That was all. I tried to connect and the game was loading index.rom for a few minutes, until timed itself out.
After that, i saw no servers again. Just "Query completed! 0 severs found!!!"

What the Hell happened to KF?

Maybe someone hacked my account and got me banned? How can i see that?

Upvote 0
I only had problems with Homefront, at the exact same day and after the KF update. A guy in Homefront had the exact same name as me a few hours before the KF update, and so I suspected that he might be hacker, but Homefront is a buggy game anyway. Apparently it was a bug.
I informed Valve via Steam Support about the possible hacker. They took maximum time to reply and their stupid bots told me to contact THQ for technical issues about this non-Valve game...

Homefront was working normally later that day, but KF was f##### up heavily that day. The options to join game or sent invite from chat were non existent and invites from other people never arrived. This was fixed about 12-24 hr after the update.

Steam can see servers.

I did a full re-install today but still no servers! :mad:

I play CSGO without any problems as well as Left 4 Dead 2 and some Dota 2.

When I click "View Killing Floor update history", I get linked to this: http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=1250

Upvote 0