• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server xadmin.ini not being created?

Legionfalls

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 18, 2012
Hey everyone,

been playing around with a dedicated server on my centOS machine for a few days since I was bored, followed the beautiful linux sticky, got everything set up and working.

Everything's great, until I decided I wanted to create more admins, I followed the instructions, added

Code:
[Engine.GameInfo]
AccessControlClass=xAdmin.AccessControlIni

relaunched the server, yet nothing is being created in the system folder. I've tried replacing AccessControlClass=Engine.AccessControl with AccessControlClass=xAdmin.AccessControlIni and that didn't work either- it only broke web admin for me.

The server is running now and the line above is still in place, yet no mention of admin groups in the startup log, and it's still greyed in webadmin. xadmins.ini remains uncreated.

Any ideas? Tried searching on the forum for similar issues, found one but the OP never finished responding.

Did you add this at the bottom of your killingfloor.ini?

[Engine.GameInfo]
AccessControlClass=xAdmin.AccessControlIni

or did you just add the AccessControl line in the [Engine.GameInfo] section replacing the current AccessControlClass=

Both, neither of which worked. When neither worked and xAdmins.ini was still not being created I reverted my KillingFloor.ini back, which you can read here.

Upvote 0