• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Error message flood causes freeze

angstrom11

Dec 28, 2009
I have a poundamonium server with the map kf-doom2-final-fix, and at apparently random parts during the game (but often with 1 second left during trader time) it freezes, as if the server had went out, for a few seconds. I have 2 monitors and in the second monitor as its freezing I can see the console is flooding this error message:

Warning: KFGameType KF-Doom2-Final-Fix.KFGameType (Function KFMod.KFGameType.MatchInProgress.SetupPickups:023F) Accessed None 'AmmoPickups'

Then it will go back to normal until it does it again. What is causing this and how can I fix it?

Also, it only does it during poundamonium.

Last edited:
I don't run this map, but I have seen the same error in others, and it has nothing to do with fleshpounds or spec loading. happens for kf-asylum also, there is some mistake in the method that mappers use for weapon/ammo pickups that causes it. in the case of asylum it totally screws all of that up and there are no drops anywhere in the entire map. not sure if it was meant to have no weapon drops but that's what it is. generates like 30-40mb worth of log errors in one game, had to take it out of rotation because of this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
low spec server? could be they're just powering through those, if given enough headroom it may not be critical for fast procs but brings older ones to their knees. mine is p4 only, enough to run 2 instances under normal circumstances, but freezes up at max for about 5 seconds while chugging through those, when average cpu time is usually about 40% for 6 players.

there are flags in the server ini under [Core.System] that suppress certain log messages, but from the ini reference it looks like all the available ones are already enabled by default. wish there was some undocumented or maybe one that could be implemented by tw to get rid of the huge amount of warnings bloating up the logs, there are just too many of them useless to admins, that even default maps generate all game long but are still playable. or they could fix them...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
+1 :confused:
Sorry for rising this dead topic, but...

I have the same problem. A lot of flooding messages in dedicated console...
How to hide it by mutator? Or maybe any other solution?

Evil is here:

4316994eefda1fd3.png

327522ca310eee95.png

e12feb8852f4bcd2.png

56573fb7f02337c5.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0