• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server WebAdmin FIXES!

Sekra

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
Kuopio, Finland, Europe
UPDATE: CHANGING THE CHARSET TO UTF-8 MIGHT MAKE IT SHOW UP WRONG IN THE INGAME BROWSER NOW!

I'm looking into this because I could have sworn that yesterday the names looked just fine also in the ingame browser... For now I suggest reverting back to using iso-8859-1!

ED: This is truly odd since I am now not getting any extra symbols in the server name in my server console when using iso-8859-1.. Even though my server is running only with UTF-8 support...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys! I did some poking around because I was fed up with the fact that when you edit something in your WebAdmin it will add crap in the servername for example. This is because the tiny webserver is running in iso-8859-1 mode and not UTF-8 as the game seems to be.. You dont see the extra letters in the ingame browser but in steam browser its a mess :(

SO! Here goes guys this is VERY simple!

Locate the uweb.int file in your system directory and open it up in a text editor. There you will find this:

Code:
[WebResponse]
CharSet="iso-8859-1"

change it to:

Code:
[WebResponse]
CharSet="utf-8"

Then restart your server, go to your webadmin and change the name! No more crap letters! :)

Also, if you have noticed, the webadmin html title says "Unreal Tournament 2004" in the webbrowser title. Navigate into web\serveradmin and edit the rootframe.htm file. there you will find:

Code:
 <head><TITLE><%ServerName%> - Unreal Tournament 2004 - Web Admin</TITLE>

change it to:

Code:
 <head><TITLE><%ServerName%> - Killing Floor - Web Admin</TITLE>

That should be it. Until next time ta-ta!

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, it worked perfectly. My only question is whether or not this is possible to enable on the server itself... a lot of people have symbols in their name and it looks horrible in the game scoreboard.

Is it possible to change the unicode to UTF-8 so I can actually see them? Thanks.

(I'm not sure if this is a restriction on the UT2K4 engine, so pardon my ignorance)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm from Finland. I use IE8. You may need to rewrite the whole name to get it right. What OS are you running?

ED: Just tried it with FF to and it works fine. Please always when you have trouble post more specific information than more than just the problem. At least include what OS you are running, what webbrowser (and version possibly), what OS the server is running on and wether it is dedicated or not.

ED2: Actually you are right. I did a little more poking around and it seems that now the ingame browser shows the names of the server wrong.. lol... So its either going back to the iso-8859-1 on the setting or hoping, wishing or demanding that TWI update the gameclient to support utf-8 charset too...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay. I may have a simple workaround using the "utf-8" set (it may work as well for iso-8859-1, I dunno). I'm using Webadmin and Firefox.

I simply type the entire name of my server into notepad, then cut-and-paste it to the server name field in Webadmin. This results in a clean name in both Steam server browser and the in-game KF browser. Don't do anything beyond click, Ctrl-V, "Accept".

However, if I press spacebar or interact with the field at any time while entering the name in either Webadmin or my GameServers config, one of the browsers (dependant on which method I use to input the name) ends up with funky characters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It worked for me fine in the first place, but today my server didn't start up anymore - crashed with the error it couldn't bind the netword ports. I wondered because I didn't change them. Then I looked at the charset in the editor and it showed utf-8 - I converted back to ANSI and the server startet up again.

Tried to find a solution, but didn't succeed yet. The charset can be defined in the header.int in web but it seems utf-8 charset is set by HTTP protocol :(

Upvote 0
Layout fix

Layout fix

hi,
i have found a error in the C:\YOURSERVER\web\serveradmin\roost.css file.
You'll find it at line 53.
Code:
/*---Links & Mouse-Overs---*/
A:link        {color: #FFCC66; text-decoration: none[COLOR=Red]}[/COLOR]}
A:visited    {color: #FFCC66; text-decoration: none[COLOR=Red]}[/COLOR]}
A:active    {color: #FFCC66; text-decoration: underline[COLOR=Red]}[/COLOR]}
A:hover        {color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: underline[COLOR=Red]}[/COLOR]}
True, it looks like this. It was always a clip too much.
Code:
/*---Links & Mouse-Overs---*/
A:link        {color: #FFCC66; text-decoration: none;}
A:visited    {color: #FFCC66; text-decoration: none;}
A:active    {color: #FFCC66; text-decoration: underline;}
A:hover        {color: #FFFFFF; text-decoration: underline;}

Upvote 0