• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Make Your Server Name In Color

PricklyPoo

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 16, 2009
1. Download UT2004 Server Color Here

2. Start up ServerColor.exe

3. Click on the "Global" button at the top right, and enter your server name in the text field below.

4. Choose a color from the color chart at the top. Then click where you want to color to be inserted in your server name, and click the "Select" button at the top. (To the right of the color chart)

5. Keep inserting colors and clicking the "Test" button, which will display a preview at the bottom, until you've come up with the desired result.

Mine ended up as:
Code:
@@

That mutator isn't whitelisted by TWI, so it disables stats/perks/perkprogress ;)

Really?

I played on some server that had their name in color tonight, and all my perks' progress was intact. I could also accumulate progress.

So, what EXACTLY is "disabled" if you do the above? Maybe they didn't use a mutator? Is there some other way to do it without a mutator???

Whoever knows, let us know, because having colors really goes a long ways in promoting servers.

Upvote 0
I said I connected to a "colored name" server and my perks were fine and progressing... unless I was seeing things or something (?!?).

I spawned as level 5 support just fine and then welded a door for a bit and my welding points were growing...

So it apparently doesn't disable progress... unless somehow I am on hallucinogenic drugs or something, OR they colored their name (in the server browser) in some kind of "approved" way, which I would really like to know asap!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
<rant>
Gahh... I guess we're stuck with the bland red regular character server names...

The server doesn't even read all ANSI characters properly, let alone unicode... so forget about cool unicode names too.

At this point I suppose I should be glad that pipes (|) and symbols (<< >>) actually display in the server name...
</rant>

Upvote 0