• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Server Not Visible - Can Connect Via Console "open <ip/port>"

kryori

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 27, 2015
I'm sure this has probably been covered somewhere, but most of the information I see here is from somewhere between 2009 and 2012 and references ini files that don't even exist in my version of KF2, so perhaps it's time to ask this question once more.

I have a dedicated Windows machine, hosted remotely on a 100 MB pipe. I installed KF2 dedicated server via SteamCMD, edited the config files so ports don't conflict, and opened the numerous necessary ports through Windows Firewall.

The server will run without error. I can access the admin console through the web interface by connecting to my external IP port 8080. I can even connect to the server directly by hitting F3 for console, manually typing in "open <ip>:<port>", and the game runs smoothly once I'm connected.

However, the server won't show up on the Killing Floor 2 Server Browser. When I attempt to add it to my favorites through Steam, using the path View->Servers->Favorites->Add A Server->Find Games At This Address..., I see the 3 ARK and 2 7 Days to Die servers running alongside it, but not the Killing Floor 2 server.

Can anyone throw me a bone here? I see some forum posts saying that I need to edit killingfloor.ini but that isn't a file that's part of my installation - I see PCServer-KFEngine, PCServer-KFGame, PCServer-KFInput, and PCServer-KFSystemSettings as well as some much simpler web config files.