• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Twisted Christmas - and Harchier

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Yes, it is that time of year again. Time for the 4th running of our alternative holiday event - the Killing Floor Twisted Christmas. Just what you all need to take the edge off the endless rounds of parties, shopping and eating too much.

This year we are bringing you not 1, but 2 new maps, for free: "Hell" and "Forgotten". These were both created by one of our favorite community mappers (Swift_Brutal_Death) and are now available to everyone who owns the game. New achievements to go along with the maps, of course.

All your old favorites are back for Twisted Christmas 4 as well: all the Christmas specimens, along with another opportunity to unlock Baddest Santa, for those of you who haven't had the chance as well as the ability to unlock the ZED gun on the Moonbase.

For those Killing Floor players who have always wanted to get their hands on Harchier Spebbington as a playable character in KF, we have created a new version of him for you. The original Harchier was unique to all those people who pre-ordered The Ball - but this new version will be available to everyone who owns The Ball. So, if you want to finally add Harchier to your collection of playable characters, you just might want to watch out for The Ball going up on sale over the next few weeks of the holiday season!

As always, you only need to own Killing Floor to play all of this for free from now until 2 January, when the event ends. And, of course, the game, DLC and bundles are all on sale for the duration of the event!

Additionally, all Tripwire Merchandise has been discounted 20% for the month of December in the Tripwire Interactive Online Store

Killing Floor - Christmas 2013 is here!

Killing Floor - Christmas 2013 is here!

Killing Floor just updated to version 1057. The full changelog can be found below:

Event:
  • The Christmas Zeds are back, and they bring achievements (and unlocks) of Christmas past with them!

Content:
  • New Maps - Forgotten and Hell
  • New Character - Alternate Harchier Spebbington for owning The Ball

Weapons:
  • Fixed 3rd person dual handcannons having a 9mm mesh
  • Fixed bug that allowed player to pickup up weapons for ammo
  • Fixed bug that prevented you from picking up an mk23 after dropping it
  • Removed some code that was specialized for the old weight system for handcannons that allowed a second handcannon to be picked up after max weight was achieved
  • Fixed third person reload sounds not playing for many weapons
  • Fixed third person reload animations for some weapons
  • Fixed Camo M32 grenades not having an explosion sound
  • Fixed Camo MP5M healing darts not having a mesh in the world
  • Fixed dynamic loading for Camo M32 and Camo MP5M

UI:
  • Item descriptions are now displayed in the trader menu
  • OpenGL users can now properly enable/disable bloom and detailed shadows from the options menu

General:
  • Official mutators now use event zeds during events
  • Fixed official mutators to work with low max specimen values in sandbox
  • Fixed Steam Workshop downloads on Linux/Mac downloading to the wrong location
  • Possible fix for Mac/Linux users having their perks stuck in a non progressing state (additional logging also included for cases where it still happens)

Upvote 0
Regarding the perk progress problem on Mac and Linux, what I've gathered from reading the bug forum is that it's caused by mutators being downloaded to the Cache folder rather than the System folder. If all mutators/maps/etc are moved to their correct locations, perks will again progress.

Upvote 0
Woah, why so early this year? I thought you guys were going to push that update next week(end). It seems there's also no trailer this time which is quite... well, not really disappointing but I have to say it is entertaining to see those movies coming from you, TWI. At least I have got a strong feeling that the new maps are excellent, will have to check on those ;-)

Upvote 0
Seriously, guys, you want to sell this Ball game so hard that you even add an achievement with requirement to play as character obtainable only by buying it? Pretty disappointing.

As a player who doesn't own The Ball you can get the achievement by playing with somebody who does. We also tried to add a viral component so you could get it by playing with somebody who already had the achievement, however we were not currently able to do so with out the steam back end works(so we had to remove that part at the last minute). But there should be no shortage of players who have The Ball character (alternate) at this point to help you get the achievement.

Upvote 0
Woah, why so early this year? I thought you guys were going to push that update next week(end).
Because they didn't actually make anything that didn't already exist besides bug fixes. 2 maps that have been around for over a year and removed a few components of a model that already existed.

Not that I'm disappointed with the update, its just theres nothing special about it. Doesn't feel like KF Xmas at all. Oh well.

Upvote 0
I dont' know why they would...did last year's or the year's before affect Baddest Santa?

you need to beat Santa's Evil Lair, and get the cheevos from that 2010 event, which are directly tied to the Baddest Santa cheevo.
The achievement asks that you complete any Christmas map, which I think would include Ice Cave at least. Not entirely sure about Moonbase, but I figure that with the ZED Gun being event locked that it counts as a Christmas map as well.

Interesting to know that the maps in this update aren't part of the event yet packaged with it. Thanks for the clarification, Yoshiro.

Upvote 0