• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Xmas Event Delayed

The achievement is based on cumulative gold. You don't need to get it all in one go. It only takes about 20 minutes to get the achievement.

I'm pretty down about the event being pushed back, though. Been looking forward to it for so long. I hope it releases early tomorrow and not late in the evening >_>

Upvote 0
You can still be earning your Dwarfs!? gold in the meantime, of course...
>Implying people can even properly install or even run "Dwarfs?!"
laughing_meme_guy_by_vixenwolfie-d485kw0.png

Good one TWI...good one indeed.

Oh well, looks like I'll just be rocking the update when I'm at work at my second job tomorrow night. At least the internet there is 3.5 Mb/s. Do your best not to delay it further TWI. Hopefully you're adding an extra day to the end of the event to compensate~

Upvote 0
>Implying people can even properly install or even run "Dwarfs?!"
laughing_meme_guy_by_vixenwolfie-d485kw0.png

Good one TWI...good one indeed.

Oh well, looks like I'll just be rocking the update when I'm at work at my second job tomorrow night. At least the internet there is 3.5 Mb/s. Do your best not to delay it further TWI. Hopefully you're adding an extra day to the end of the event to compensate~

Once Dwarfs!? does work the gold is easy. Even if the achievement wasn't cumulative I've only played a few games of it and the most I've had at one time was like 117k.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK, I'm gonna look like an idiot but what exactly is this Dwarfs!? gold thing... I dont get it :p

It's another game on Steam. You can either buy it to unlock the dwarf axe in KF or play the free2play version and get a total cumulative score of 40,000 gold in arcade mode to get the achievement Not A War Hammer to unlock it.

Upvote 0
OK, I'm gonna look like an idiot but what exactly is this Dwarfs!? gold thing... I dont get it :p
An attempt to advertise an ok game with a horrendous install process. Doing something in that game unlocks something in Killing Floor. They give you two options - get the achievement for collecting 40k gold in Dwarfs, or you can just buy the game and be done with it.

Dwarfinch.png

The Dwarfinch stole KF Xmas.

:(

Upvote 0
For me it was actually a pretty fun puzzle game. I think it's a great way to give out a weapon instead of charging for it.

"Here, try our other game. If you like it, you'll probably buy it. If not, you can still get the weapon and at least say you tried it."

I'll probably get Dwarfs?! full version if it goes on sale for 50% or so. I found it amusing and the 30 minute games fly by pretty fast.

My guess is that technical difficulty department is that they misspelled "Fight" in the preview video PC Gamer posted on youtube :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If ya play a 60 minute game (though all these complaints about install/running issues baffle me) you'll easily get the achievement as long as lady luck doesn't screw ya over and you do the Dorf Fortress Death Spiral in the first 30 minutes. Doing it on easy will help minimize the issues in that regard though.

I got my gold packed and just waiting on the update now :p

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
We're really sorry - but, due to technical hitches, the Twisted Christmas Event start is going back one day. Should be ready to roll tomorrow (12.12.12). You can still be earning your Dwarfs!? gold in the meantime, of course...

No need to be sorry Wilsonam, but I appreciate your excellent customer service. No other developers are as awesome as you guys. I just want to let you know that I appreciate all of your hard work, and I look forward to all of your future releases, KF and whatever else you come up with in the future.

Upvote 0