• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Update on the first female character - Ash

MP5M totally outshines MP7M. Slightly increase MP5M weight to 4 or 5 blocks.
I've seen a number of people say they prefer the MP7M. I believe MP7M has a higher DPS before reloading which is useful in an emergency. Also some argue that MP5M's larger mag encourages wasting ammo. And the MP5M costs 50% more than MP7M so it should outshine the MP7M.

Reactions: borsdy
Upvote 0
I'm pointing out what you're doing. Earlier, in the previous thread, I've been on about the community being very demanding, and when their demands are fulfilled, a complain comes immediately, and here I was highlighting that.
All I can say to that is to give it a re-write and try again, because I doubt that anyone will pick up on neither the critique nor the satire.

It just looked so, so rude to have a nice long effortpost from a TWI member and pretty much ignore it and demand something else. It would have been polite to at least thank them. With the attitude this community displays right in TWI's face, it's a damned wonder that they ever listen to us, ever!
We thank them with our wallets and our time. Consider just how much of your time you spend contributing to the forums on a daily basis for nothing in return. If you spend just one minute working on a single post, that represents 3 1/3 24 hour days of your life you've given for nothing in return. Add in another two minutes per post for actually reading and meditating on other peoples' work, and that number triples to a full 10 days, and to be frank, every good poster on the forums spends far more time reading other peoples' thoughts than that. Just look at any of Rhenna's posts and consider the time and effort put forth into each of them. Our continued presence alone speaks volumes.

It just looked so, so rude to have a nice long effortpost from a TWI member
Those are called press releases, and they are used to sell more product. In this case, it's damage control.

It would have been polite to at least thank them.
For what? This was a business move, and they are making money (or will be) off of that model, and quite a lot if I might add. Why in the world should we have to thank them for the privilege of spending money on horse armor?

And you know what, I agree with you. There ARE changes that need making and they HAVE been seemingly neglected for a long time. But that doesn't excuse the behaviour. In fact, we've got threads about those changes on the top pages of general discussion and ideas and suggestions and they've been there for ages. TWI have most definitely seen them and thought about them.
And that's what's so infuriating about this whole thing. The pink elephant is right there in TWI's offices, yet they steadfastly ignore serious issues and refuse to even acknowledge that there might be something wrong with the game. You've been here longer than I have, maybe you can tell me the last time Yoshi or Xienen or whoever posted in a thread about the server browser or the new .44s.

MP5M totally outshines MP7M. Slightly increase MP5M weight to 4 or 5 blocks.
Please don't post opinions as bugs, as opinions are not all uniform. I myself find that the MP7M totally outshines MP5M for reasons that aren't relevant to the thread. If there's any thing to be fixed, it's just how similar the medguns are to each other.

Upvote 0
I agree with all Lacedaemonius said (even about medguns - my bad to put idea between bugs and issues). Many community members spend a lot of their time reporting bugs and making good suggestions on forums just for free. And even more: those people (including myself) financially support TWI by buying DLCs most of them they don't use (I bough Londons Finest and both Steampunk DLCs for a full price just after they came out, but haven't used any purchased characters, except Steampunk Medic).

Tbh, TWI are the ones who should say thanks to us. Players can switch to another game much easier than developer...

Reactions: Ghost1942
Upvote 0
Anyway...back to the threads original topic...

I will definitely buy the Ash Pack, not because I will ever play as a female character but because I feel compelled to own or unlock every character for some inexplicable reason. It still drives me crazy that I cant unlock the Ball character even though I have interest in playing as him ARGGG:mad: ...I'm going to go to my therapy session now...

Upvote 0
dude I don't get why people are so excited about this ash character. its not like she is any kind of special... just take a look at her

Spoiler!

Reactions: borsdy and BenioX
Upvote 0