• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Gold Box - and female character!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it that hard to swallow, people?
the box set is ten dollars..
screenshot2012041923352.png

that's half the price of the real game..
and a direct link for proof
http://www.ptxstore.com/tripwire/pr...d=771&osCsid=51428619b414d63515cb5eaa4743c422
i'm pretty sure this is a slashed price offer. if you haven't bought all the dlc, this is your chance to get the rest and some for your friends/enemies!

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
WThis will be the ONLY way to get that female playable character. For those who already own the game and/or any of the existing DLC, all of those will show up as tradeable/giftable items in your Steam inventory for you to swap with friends or even just give away!
I'm still not clear on this.

Does this mean that I register the Gold key on steam, I get the new character as a trade-able item/never having to actually install the gold version, I can gift the character to myself and use it in my original KF install?

If not and I'm have to use the gold version to use the female model, does Bunglebuck Archfeld aka Indiana Jones become trade-able? I have him as the pre-order bonus in KF and I don't want to lose him to gain another exclusive.

Upvote 0
is it that hard to swallow, people?
the box set is ten dollars..

http://www.ptxstore.com/tripwire/pr...d=771&osCsid=51428619b414d63515cb5eaa4743c422
i'm pretty sure this is a slashed price offer. if you haven't bought all the dlc, this is your chance to get the rest and some for your friends/enemies!

Yes, yes it is a hard deal to swallow for those who bought the game at full retail price AND all the DLCs, coming out to a grand total of $32. And now another $10 for essentially 1 more character skin as most people don't have a use for an extra copy of KF? I can understand why people aren't happy with this, myself included. For those who don't have the game itself, this is a very, very, VERY sweet deal. I won't argue with that. However, this game has already been out for 3 years and I can't imagine this game garnering a crazy amount of sales, and those who already own KF won't stand to buy another set for 1 character skin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I believe this store entry is a stub, they just replaced the cover image. The title still says "Killing Floor Boxed Game" (note the lack of "Gold Edition" and features description). The real Gold Edition is available only at iceberg-shop at the moment. Gold Edition is not available on Tripwire shop yet:
We'll have imports of the box up on the Tripwire Interactive web store shortly, for shipping to North America.

Upvote 0
Well, here is a reason to give big thanks to Iceberg Interactive over in Europe. We've talked about special editions. we've talked about adding playable female characters - and we've talked about new voicepacks. So, with over 1 million units sold and some assistance from Iceberg, we now have... a Killing Floor Gold Boxed Edition, with an exclusive FEMALE playable character, along with voice work in English, French and German for her. Their full news post is on their website - click HERE. The new edition can also be pre-ordered (for shipment to Europe) on their site. We'll have imports of the box up on the Tripwire Interactive web store shortly, for shipping to North America. Shipments will be sent out, starting on 1 June 2012.

And, so everyone understands, the box comes with:

• Killing Floor
  • The 6 current DLC packs
  • 1 exclusive female playable character, with female voice packs in English, French and German
This will be the ONLY way to get that female playable character. For those who already own the game and/or any of the existing DLC, all of those will show up as tradeable/giftable items in your Steam inventory for you to swap with friends or even just give away!

Is this the pre-order for the Gold Edition?: http://www.ptxstore.com/tripwire/product_info.php?products_id=771[url]http://www.ptxstore.com/tripwire/product_info.php?products_id=771[/URL] even though it isn't titled Gold Edition? Because I already have the normal retail box edition.

Upvote 0
Just step back and think about it for a second.

I hope TWI did this aswell, before they announced this. But I must agree...no one is forcing you to buy it. And you can always hop on a modded server and enjoy the game all over again...with the skin (no doubt Marco will implement it in the new serverperks) :)

I myself will prob use the voicepack for the female deadspace char. In the end...Modded servers always win hehe :D

Upvote 0
I'm still not clear on this.

Does this mean that I register the Gold key on steam, I get the new character as a trade-able item/never having to actually install the gold version, I can gift the character to myself and use it in my original KF install?

If not and I'm have to use the gold version to use the female model, does Bunglebuck Archfeld aka Indiana Jones become trade-able? I have him as the pre-order bonus in KF and I don't want to lose him to gain another exclusive.

Ok, to try and make this REALLY, REALLY clear...

When you get the box, there will be one, single key in it. When you enter that key into Steam to activate it, it will:

1. Attempt to install KF. If you already have it, the "spare" will drop into your Steam items list and be giftable/tradeable.
2. Attempt to install each of the 6 current DLC packs that are available for purchase on Steam. If you already have any of them, the "spares" will drop into your Steam items list and be giftable/tradeable.
3. Install the new female character DLC character (Ash Harding).

I believe this store entry is a stub, they just replaced the cover image. The title still says "Killing Floor Boxed Game" (note the lack of "Gold Edition" and features description). The real Gold Edition is available only at iceberg-shop at the moment. Gold Edition is not available on Tripwire shop yet:

Its a screw-up on the web store that we'll correct shortly. They took the new box image and put it on the old page, where we sell OLD boxed copies at $10. They should have created a NEW page, with the European Gold Edition on it. When someone there wakes up, I'm going to slap them silly.

And I see why some people are jumping up and down. But this was driven by Iceberg, with their money, to give a push to the RETAIL end. We set the keys up as they are, in case anyone who already owns the game wanted to grab a copy and trade off the spare pieces - we weren't expecting many people who already own it to bother, frankly, because (as Zerisus said somewhere earlier) we have a big bunch more KF stuff coming down the pike this year (including female characters, now Iceberg have paved the way for us), all targeted at existing players. Lots of it free, as always. To be honest, we weren't expecting existing players to take much notice of this - we set up the key this way, just in case any were.

Upvote 0
I can't help but wonder, have they done only one voice set, or two voice sets, like they have with male characters?

Guess we'll see sometime.

Just one... we had to do some juggling on memory for low-end machines: the extra voice pack would probably bust the min spec, so we have set it up (for low-end machines) so that it will only use one male and one female voice pack. Higher spec machines can still cope with 2 male and one female voice pack. With Iceberg having paid for this to happen, we are probably also now able to do additional voice-packs in the future. Hadn't really thought of that :)

Upvote 0
Ok, I sincerely wish Iceberg, all the luck under the sun with this package but it does beg the question..is this really good business sense? and is it the best way to go about it?

Let's break it down...

Iceberg are sat on a veritable gold mine but have chosen to go for broke and hope that they can sell more with the complete package but how many more potential 'new' customers are out there?

If I hadn't heard of the game before, I would have no interest in the new content until I had played the game, so I would automatically go to Steam for the cheapest option.

I take it that they have also taken on the cost of repackaging, distribution and such?
At this late in the game, in my opinion, it is financial suicide to try and re-sell something that is 3 years old which realistically, does not hold any incentive for new customers or old customers for that matter.

If KF sales on Steam are starting to dwindle, then how are people expected to find it on a website that until yesterday, I doubt anyone has ever heard of?

as for the choice to re-purchase it to have gift-able items, I also do not see this as an incentive, as from what you have heard, in most cases this isn't a viable option.
For an item to be deemed as trade-able, it means that it must have value but as in my case, every person I know has KF, so the additional dlc's and game are worthless.
LOL, you wouldn't buy a bag of snow and try and trade it with eskimos would you?

What were the other figures quoted? 2.5 million dlc packs sold? wouldn't it be better for them to sell keys for the new dlc that we can use on Steam? for the amount of current owners of KF who have been screaming for this since day dot, it would be suicidal not to cash in on it and have guaranteed sales at say $3 than very few sales at a ridiculous price?

Upvote 0
Just one... we had to do some juggling on memory for low-end machines: the extra voice pack would probably bust the min spec, so we have set it up (for low-end machines) so that it will only use one male and one female voice pack. Higher spec machines can still cope with 2 male and one female voice pack. With Iceberg having paid for this to happen, we are probably also now able to do additional voice-packs in the future. Hadn't really thought of that :)

Ooooh, that's pretty handy. :IS2:

Have you considered doing the same thing with Zed voices, too? If I remember correctly, you guys removed the voices out of the last christmas event and some of us who played on higher-spec machines were a little bit disappointed to find out, despite how it helped those with lower-end machines.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.