• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Hospitalhorror

JustFilth

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
UK
www.leveldesigner.co.uk
Level Name: KF-HospitalHorror

Author : Justyn " JustFilth" Toohill

Download: http://www.moddb.com/games/killing-floor/addons/kf-hospitalhorrors

This map is a reworked version of KF-Hospital.

The makeshift defences lasted no more than an hour. The lucky ones saved the last bullet for themselves...the unlucky ones were eaten alive. Clones poured out of the Horzine complex onto the streets of London. Situated next door was St. Filths General Hospital. This was no coincidence. Horzine had been secretly farming DNA from patients for the last 18 months. So it's only natural that the clones wanted to 'go home'. The handful of people who escaped spoke of a bloodbath and unspeakable horrors. They say the screams still haunt them. You are tasked to enter St. Filths and extract any survivors you can find. You will rendezvous in the Cafeteria. Good luck men. It's now time to enter the horror that is.....Hospital Horror.

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

Credits: DSAS Clan with a special credit to [DSAS]Gusone who not only wrote the map summery ( Albiet editted to fit in game lol ) but has had a great input in bringing you this level. Think of the map as a B movie, our relationship has been, Gusone the director and me the set designer.

Install: Place the KF-Hospitalhorror.rom file in your KillingFloor Maps Directory.

Default XP: C:/Programs/steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor/Maps
Default Vista: C:/Programs(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/killingfloor/Maps

Custom content: Textures and staticmeshes created by JustFilth ( sourced from CGtextures )

Please Report any issues to justfilth @ live . co . uk

Last edited:
Hey.

Hey.

Hey Justfilth. I love your maps. We used to play a few rounds together now and then. I have not had a chance to play the new ones yet. I soon will. I get this thrown on my server asap. I am downloading all the maps as we speak. Then to the beta section. This way I can download all at the same time through my FTP. Keep up the good work. I am sure you will kick some arse like last time.

:D

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that fel, yes I added culldistances to some, turned of collision on others, added antiportals, set wall surfaces to antiportals, extended fog but may have gone a little over the top with some of the projectors and emitters in the wrong areas for some users.

Think of it this way it all adds to the BMovie feel, you know running down a long corridor with that shaky filcky DIY cam type feel. Or you could just see it as extended zed time :)

I will look into it for a later build as no doubt it still aint gory enough for Gus! I think what gus would like is a giant map in the shape of a bath, filled with blood coloured water that everyone just swims in and chews the zeds to pieces lol.

Also for the latest version of this map plz make sure you have the one listed on MODDB Hospitalhorror"S"
Cheers Filthy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had some Major Fps Drop in about 3 of the major areas of the map. did you make sure to put cull distance on all of your objects?

Awesome. Did you put your graphics cards back in?

Averaged 60fps myself. An extraordinary amount of people were dragged through this map and there was not one complaint of lag or major performance drop. If everyone built maps to accomodate the lowest denominator then no one would make progress and we would all still be playing Manic Miner on our ZX Spectrums.

In the mean time the horror fans have been provided with a real map that KF was so crying out for.

MORE BLOOD FILTHY!

P.S. And can we add the bath of blood to the next release!

Upvote 0