Forum Rules

• Items changed, or highlighted for future attention, on 20 July 2013 are highlighted in yellow.
Global Rules
  • Forum moderators may or may not be Tripwire Interactive staff members, but either way, please respect them, as they are the authority of the forums. Speaking to them with intentional spite will not be tolerated and may result in the loss of your forum privileges.
  • Any decisions made by any member of staff or moderator are final and not subject to discussion. Doing so may result in a ban from the site. The owners of Tripwire Interactive Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason, as well as to remove access to the forums for any individuals with or without warning for breaches of the rules.
  • If you have a complaint regarding another user, PM the appropriate moderators, or if you have an administrative issue, [RO]schneidzekk.
General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention either in the title or the body of the post.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
  • Personal insults (directed at anyone) will result in a ban. If the behavior is not corrected, it will be made more permanent.
  • Constructive criticism is welcome. However keep in mind we (and other forums goers) may not agree with you. If you can't keep the conversation civil, you will be removed from the forums.
  • The use of hyperbole, one liners, and images as part of a forum debate is likely to get you infracted. You have many ways to participate and be a constructive part of this community, even when you disagree.
  • To make the highlighted bits above 100% clear to everyone, the following WILL NOT BE TOLERATED:
    1. Personal attacks, insults, antagonism of any forum-goers, moderators or Tripwire Interactive staff.
    2. Breaches of confidentiality and privacy of any sort.
    3. Any form of racism, bigotry or attacks on race, creed or color.
    4. Linking to posts on other forums related to ANY of the above, whether you are the originator or not, without exception.
  • There has been too much in the way of abhorrent personal behaviors in the past. These will cease. It doesn't matter who started it or who reacted to it - it will all result in moderator action. If you have to indulge your hatreds, for whatever reason, go do it elsewhere - and do not try and drag our forum-goers over to enjoy your hatreds.
  • We understand that people have strong feelings about our games, what we do for a living and how we respond (or don't) to comments on the forums. We all aren't going to agree about everything. So, BE CIVIL in your disagreements!
  • DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable. This includes publicizing private information, such as individual's real names, IP addresses and anything else that might be used to identify them to the freakier members of the internet. This also means you may NOT publically share private communications (PM, email or anything else) without the original poster's permission.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse or other mischievous Content.
  • DO NOT Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
  • DO NOT link to posts on any other forums, or any other form of media, that breaches our rules. It will be treated just the same as if you had posted it here.
  • DO NOT Double Post, cross Post or restart closed threads.
  • DO NOT Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
  • DO NOT Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party.
  • DO NOT complain about being banned from a server and DO NOT complain about other players on servers - that is between you and the admin, no need to get the community involved.
Username, Avatar and Signature Rules
  • Multiple registrations result in a ban.
  • No offensive user names
  • All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
  • - For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
  • - For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100kb in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line
Netiquette: Written text has no inflection, and, as such, you should be careful how you write your messages as interpretation will vary from person to person. Please take advantage of the built-in emoticons to add such expression to your words. Please remember the golden rule: to treat other forum users the way you would like to be treated. Please use common courtesy, and enjoy using Red Orchestra's forums
Offensive material
The following is a list of some things that MAY be considered "offensive" by the moderators and the team. This is NOT an exclusive list and it does depend very much on context.

Crossing the line into "offensive" territory is likely to get you asked to change your name, sig or avatar or to withdraw/delete posts. This will be done politely by the moderators. If you refuse to comply further action WILL be taken once started, ultimately leading to banning from the forums.

A key point: please attempt to use your brains. What is mild humour to you may well be deeply offensive to others. While we have no intention of acting as politically-correct "thought police", we are on the lookout for those things that can cause offense and, in some cases, are actually still illegal in some jurisdictions.
  1. Names recalling notorious war criminals or personalities.
  2. Names recalling atrocities and war crimes in general, or units with particularly odious histories.
  3. Use of obscenities and expletives.
  4. Blatant racism, mysogynism or many other "ism"s.
  5. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Nazism or Fascism; this does not include pics of soldiers who happen to have such symbols on their uniform, unless we feel this has been done to provoke. Please note that many Nazi symbols (including the Swastika) are still illegal in Germany and other countries and considered deeply offensive by many Europeans.
  6. Use of symbolism and regalia recalling Stalinism.
  7. On both the previous two, the moderators' views on the intention and impact of use of such symbols will be final - not yours. Please be understanding if you are advised to change something.
  8. In general, if a sig/avatar represents your allegiances in-game and is clearly "in part", it is likely to be fine; if the moderators feel you are trying to demonstrate unpalatable political allegiances, or to use it in an attempt to ridicule or provoke others you WILL be asked to change it. RO is NOT the place to make any extremist political statements of any kind.
So people get the idea, some examples that would be considered offensive, numbered as above:
  1. "Hitler", "Beria"
  2. "NKVD Blocking Detachment", "Einsatzgruppen"
  3. This one should be pretty obvious...
  4. So should this - and it includes calling all Germans "Nazis" and all Soviets/Russians "Commies". It got boring 50 years ago, so stop it.
  5. Use of swastikas, fasces, SS-runes and so on for the Axis.
  6. There is actually very little overt symbolism from the Stalinist era; the hammer-and-sickle isn't offensive per se.
A simple rule-of-thumb: many Europeans find Nazi symbolism of any sort offensive; many Americans still find Soviet symbolism offensive. Engage your brain before using.

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.
See more
See less

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its all good.

Uploading now
    Giggity Giggity Goooo!:D

• where do you post a link ?

• Released.

Check out Front Page

* MAJOR BUG * Keyboard in "G-Virus Distribution is missing its keyboard code" - The password is abcde
        Type that in, and it will continue.
        Last edited by KiCk3R; 03-01-2012, 07:17 PM.

• Originally posted by KiCk3R View Post

Check out Front Page

* MAJOR BUG * Keyboard in "G-Virus Distribution is missing its keyboard code" - The password is abcde
          Type that in, and it will continue.
          How comes you didn't fix it before releasing?

- Friendly, supportive game server host awaiting your arrival.
          >> My Custom Content Archive <<

• I added that after I posted

I don't want any version mismatches now, so It will have to wait til next build.

If the keyboard don't work, default code is abcde

• Found dozens of bugs... check my latest 3 screenies for one of them, also, when sirens get out of one of those doors which close after, you can get in, so when it closes you stuck. And When there is the rocket cutscene, I simply fall many times, but I suppose I had to get in so I did that another time and it worked :P
              And the game seems too short, ending suggests there would be something further, like a moon base from Umbrella
              Edit: forgot that also when you go down elevator you can stuck on one of windows
              Last edited by BenioX; 03-02-2012, 07:00 AM.

• Thx for great map Kicker and always nice
                I'll try to add it on my servers map story,but I would be forced to add serverperks,it surely does not activate because keyboardV2.u disabled perks
                [URL=""]Admin of Servers on Killing Floor[/URL]
                [QUOTE=Marco;1335120]Now now, shut up all 3 of you. These forums are about Killing Floor the game, take your nationality arguments elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

• Originally posted by ToNiO View Post
                  Thx for great map Kicker and always nice
                  I'll try to add it on my servers map story,but I would be forced to add serverperks,it surely does not activate because keyboardV2.u disabled perks
                  Mind giving IP as soon as it's done?

• wait, kicker is back with his hive map? damn ro 2 i almost missed this ! keep it kicking kicker

you map was the map why i started playing the killing floor mod , moved to kf retail when it came out and discovered Red orchestra so you are my hero of gaming, i realy mean it!

love u <3

• Originally posted by koschi View Post
                      you map was the map why i started playing the killing floor mod , moved to kf retail when it came out
                      Same, first Hive V1, Then Hive V2, then I saw RE1 Mansion Story, kept playing those 3, now I'd add Hive 3 to my list if there was server running this. Anyone running this? IP?

• Originally posted by thelegacyman View Post
                        Finally got around to playing this map.

I have to be cruel to be kind, but I was a little let down by this addition to the Hive series.

First of all let me say that I am forever grateful for your contributions to KF with the Hive series. I dont want you taking any bad blood away from this review.
                        Absolutely fine! And no offence shall be taken from any review. I appreciate you taking time to write this.

Ill start on the storyline.

Technically speaking, there is no solid storyline on this version of the Hive. I did envision it to be as close as possible to Resident Evil Extinction (The one in the desert) But I lost most inspiration for that.

It DID go towards a desert style Hive with a missile launch facility (Black Ops Zombies - Ascension) with alot of Resident Evil content.
                        I would say its more connected to Resident Evil than Black Ops.

And I completely agree with you on Storyline. It does need to be improved.

Originally posted by thelegacyman View Post
                        It was quite clearly made based on Call Of Duty Black Ops. Which completely begs the question, why make it Hive V3? It had nothing to do with RE, therefore immediately lost its appeal. To call it an entry to the Hive series is kinda pointless.

I could create any map that is based underground, stick a few spawns here and there and call it a Hive.

HiveV2 in reality had no storyline. I basically had you go through the same map twice (but with spawns) and whacked on a new version number. Then added a ending that made you go to an airport. This was not based on any film.

The only true version that was based off any RE film, was HiveV1.

I get the feeling your not a great fan of Black Ops!

If I'm bluntly honest. I got bored of playing it. It wasn't gripping like Hive V1 & 2. All the door codes got old really fast, the moon part at the end was just silly. It was just not happening.
                        If you have any ideas on making it last longer please let me know.

The doors with keypads adds on extra time for playing the game. Running around bumping into doors would make this already short map even shorter!

I'm sad that you didn't enjoy the ending It was done to make it a little more different than other endings. Would you of enjoyed the ending if it perhaps lasted a lot longer? Say, another Hive on the moon?

Or did the whole concept of being "on the Moon" not play well?

And a flaw V3 has is that it lags so much its unplayable in some areas. But with all due respect, that is probably one of the smaller issues this map has.
                        Agreed. I have had issues with some areas. Perhaps a little more Zone portaling and Anti-Portaling should do the trick!

But there is some good. I think the content, in terms of interaction with the player, was good. I like that movie sequence getting into the rocket and it taking off
                        Im glad that you liked that! And I hope to add much more in the BETA Version (Whenever that comes!) - And if you have any cool ideas I will make sure they get considered!

• Hey kicker, have you considered porting your story maps over to my new gametype

• Hey Alex,

I saw your thread yesterday (Can't believe I didn't see it before then!)
                            I will have a play around with it tonight and see what she can do

• pls help. i input : abcde , it say : Denied , what's wrong ????

• Actually, when is it gonna be out of Beta?