• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design The Hive

The invis walls(In the start room) are there so you go were your suppose to go, The painting on the wall has a keyboard in it and you have to enter the code to proceed.(it gives you the hacked code)

Anyway, I would suggest that before playing this map you watch the movie. It will make it much more enjoyable. Infact I'm surprised that alot of people here haven't seen the movie on this forumboard.

thank you k1ck3r for making such a kickass map!

EDIT: btw when you have to enter the code like a 100 times when the zeds are attacking, I got killed just like in the movie, all the clots grabbed me from behind lulz.

And the criss-crossed lasers? I suppose there isn't a button to press to break into a million pieces then reform again eh?

Upvote 0
It takes like 7 seconds just to get 0.1% when downloading off of a server(with redirecturl). I was looking forward to adding this map to my server. Guess I won't include this in the map rotations.

Sorry that is impossible, unless the redirect is insanely slow. Compressed this thing is probably 20 mb which a redirect should send you in less than a minute.

Upvote 0
Sorry that is impossible, unless the redirect is insanely slow. Compressed this thing is probably 20 mb which a redirect should send you in less than a minute.

Really? I've tried connecting to not only my own server to test out the download speed, but several other random servers that are on TheHive, and they all take the same exact amount of time to download. Unless something is wrong on my part...

Upvote 0
Really? I've tried connecting to not only my own server to test out the download speed, but several other random servers that are on TheHive, and they all take the same exact amount of time to download. Unless something is wrong on my part...

Uh why would you join your own server to download something? You need to get someone else to try it.

And if they all take that long to download then yes something is wrong on your part...maybe ports or the fact that your running a server bogging down your bandwidth? Firewall? etc.

Upvote 0
I'm surprised, there's absolutely NO instructions on how to get this up and running. Not entirely sure this works with steam, but a brief readme would be great.

I'd hate to miss out on this because of lack of info.

If anyone knows if and how to play on steam, please drop me a message.

Map and objective based gameplay looks amazing!

Upvote 0
hive install instructions

hive install instructions

by now if you havent been able to figure it out, it wasnt to hard im just used to doing this.

its easy if u dl the hive from a site then do this to play it.

----------------Steps-----------
1. dl map http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8OZTW5DL
2. unzip it to your desktop
3.go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor
4.move files in to the right folders -- ogg/music files go in music --
keyboard.u goes in system -- KF-thehivev1.rom goes in maps -- residentevil.usx in static meshes -- the menusounds.uax goes in sounds

5. load KF, host/join a game with the map and enjoy.

the endboss/pat sometimes glitches and the game might not end properly happened to me once when playing it.

good luck

Upvote 0
If you're talking about putting this mod into a steam downloaded version of KF then here's where you need to do.

1) Save the mod folder in it's own seperate folder, say a new folder in my documents. Extract the files then minimize the window.
2) Open (in a seperate window)...

my computer->Local Disk C->Program Files->Steam->SteamApps->Common->KillingFloor

3) Move all the files according to the list below, moving the files that end in .rom, .u, .uax, .usx, .ogg to their appropriate files in the folder I led you to in step 2.

OGG - Music
ROM - Maps
U - System
UAX - Sounds
USX - StaticMeshes

Failure to put in correct folder, will result in NO PLAY!!!

You can check to see if you've successfully added the level by starting starting a solo game and checking to see if it's a playable level.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Awesome map.

How would i go about uploading it to my server? I.e. are all files needed - or just the map file (.rom) - and if all files, what structure should they go in? (Folders etc)

Ive tried once and managed to break the server!

If all files are required, is it possible to do a redirect for them all - not just the map file? (currently redir is http://myweb.com/maps)

Cheers

Upvote 0
I'm surprised, there's absolutely NO instructions on how to get this up and running. Not entirely sure this works with steam, but a brief readme would be great.

I'd hate to miss out on this because of lack of info.

If anyone knows if and how to play on steam, please drop me a message.

Map and objective based gameplay looks amazing!

You won't get this to run properly on a server as the Keyboard.u and MenuSound.uax files download but then kick players for a package version mismatch...So unless your going to get every single player to put the map on his PC first before they join your server its pretty useless as a dedicated server map...:eek:

Upvote 0
It takes like 7 seconds just to get 0.1% when downloading off of a server(with redirecturl). I was looking forward to adding this map to my server. Guess I won't include this in the map rotations.
I had the same problem.
The reason in my case was because the map extension is in uppercase so rename the map to KF-TheHiveV1.rom, compress and upload it to your redirect server... you don't need to upload the renamed map to your gameserver again.

Upvote 0
Hmm. I've uploaded it to my server, as well as my redirect. However, it won't appear in the maplist. It hasn't appeared in Webadmin. When the server is active, I attempt to move, rename, delete the .rom file and it tells me it is "being accessed be another process". However, when the server is shutdown, I can access the file. It's a rented GameServer box. All other maps I've uploaded work fine. Any idea what the issue might be?

Upvote 0
Hmm. I've uploaded it to my server, as well as my redirect. However, it won't appear in the maplist. It hasn't appeared in Webadmin. When the server is active, I attempt to move, rename, delete the .rom file and it tells me it is "being accessed be another process". However, when the server is shutdown, I can access the file. It's a rented GameServer box. All other maps I've uploaded work fine. Any idea what the issue might be?

Same issue. Can be got at via map vote I beleive but this crashes the server.

Upvote 0
Ehhh I don't understand what am i doing wrong ? I downloaded this Hive map and I copy The Hive Map files to the right place and I launched the game I select the Hive Map and I go to load the map but there is something wrong I can't go nowhere and when time counter time is reached zero the zombies not going and I can't do nothing except I pickup the weapons but the zombies not going !

What's the problem ?? Here is the picture !

[url]http://kepfeltolto.hu/i/?241301[/URL]

Upvote 0
Ehhh I don't understand what am i doing wrong ? I downloaded this Hive map and I copy The Hive Map files to the right place and I launched the game I select the Hive Map and I go to load the map but there is something wrong I can't go nowhere and when time counter time is reached zero the zombies not going and I can't do nothing except I pickup the weapons but the zombies not going !

Here is the picture ! [url]http://kepfeltolto.hu/i/?241301[/URL] What's wrong ?

Upvote 0

Here is the picture ! [url]http://kepfeltolto.hu/i/?241301[/URL] What's wrong ?

read the pages on this forum....Archchunk says exactly what to do an page 7...it's so awesome once you figure out what to do...but you need at least 5 players or it's really hard

Upvote 0