• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design The Hive

Theres been a 50/50 review on how the map operates.

Can i just point out to you, that this map is a port from the modification.
And its still in Alpha mode.
So there will be bugs. Im a one man mapper on this guys. Its not easy stuff to find bugs 100 other people find!

So, bugs i am aware of:

-Keyboard ramdomly not working (very rare)
-Some green-herbs are HUGE.
-Collsion error in the windows at the begining.
-Train is still not repaired (even though i fixed it)
-Pipe in sewers keep jumping back up! (trigger error)

AND IM also aware of the ****e ending.
It would have turned out better, had the matinee worked.
Hopefully this is something to enable for the future.

Alex, do you mean the Dining Hall?
Ive played lots of times in there, and the pathing works fine for me.
Also played online, and it worked fine with others.
Standing anywhere abnormal?

There are alot of people talking about an "Invisible Wall", i have yet to see this. Can you please show me.

With all the bugs listed, i can make a BETA map.
The most common faults i can see to my own eye, is the collision in the map.

However, all the servers i have played on (played it about 15 times, and she worked perfectly on all) seemed fine :)

ZOMBIES... dont come into the story until later on. If you dont like it, don't play it. Its an (as other people said) exact replica of the Resident Evil film.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
~~~Warning Spoilers(?)~~~

Bah I'll just tell you guys what to do as you haven't seen the movie or just don't remember this part..remember when he is trying to reopen the door they came into the room from after it closes? yeh, basically you re-enter the "hacked password" like 15 times or so and it'll finally open but there is around 30 clots that come out so you gotta run back to the red queen and the security doors will shut for you...then go to the red queen's room and listen to her babble about your situation (would have been nice BEFORE they opened the doors, dumb lady) and the grate at the back will open up just go through the sewers (the very long and complicated sewers mind you) then when you finally get to some pipes with scrakes and clots down below...just "watch your step" ;) and the rest after that *should* be fairly easy to figure out, just remember your trying to get back to the train so you can get the eff out of that place.

It really is a fun map...really funny to play as well though I think the pipe part is bugged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kicker I found another bug last night, when I was playing this map after you come out of the sewers go up the elevator there is a part that says TURN YOUR FLASHLIGHTS ON! Then you have zombies attack you well, one got stuck behind a door I could hear his noises but couldn't reach him I even tried nading the door that didn't work. So in the end I had to type suicide in console.

Upvote 0
I figured out what to do to get the infected to start coming, but there's a door you're supposed to use the keypad to open and frankly, it's dang near impossible to do in solo. As soon as I activated the keypad the infected started to appear around me, I didn't have time to put in the password to open the door. That's as far as I got since the more I killed the more infected appeared. I ended up retreating to the red queens terminal room until I ran out of ammo. This mod rocks, but I recomend playing with two or more people.

For those lost the terminal I found after activating the red queen was back in the containment room right before you enter the area where the red queen is. You'll know the room by it's massive size and all the keypadded storage chambers (you can't activate them), there's three more keypadded doors (aside from the one leading to red queen). Two of the doors are located beside each other with a halway between them (you can't activate these two). There's another door in that room with a keypad you need to use. Better click fast if you're trying to solo, this is the one where as soon as I activated the keypad I didn't get to finish entering digits before the infected swarmed me :D

Upvote 0
Loved this stage, or at least as much of it as I played. I got through the activating the red queen and found the door to get the infected to start appearing, but I didn't have enough time to click all the buttons before the infected were all over me. I love the realism, or to say the fact that this is so much like the movie (as intended), but I'd recomend having at least three to four players. I was solo-ing and ended up retreating back to the red queens terminal room until I ran out of ammo.

Upvote 0
The invis walls(In the start room) are there so you go were your suppose to go, The painting on the wall has a keyboard in it and you have to enter the code to proceed.(it gives you the hacked code)

Anyway, I would suggest that before playing this map you watch the movie. It will make it much more enjoyable. Infact I'm surprised that alot of people here haven't seen the movie on this forumboard.

thank you k1ck3r for making such a kickass map!

EDIT: btw when you have to enter the code like a 100 times when the zeds are attacking, I got killed just like in the movie, all the clots grabbed me from behind lulz.

Upvote 0