• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design The Hive

The new Hive contains tons of Extra content never seen before!
shot00870.jpg
If those two are the lamps I think they are you'll have to replace them for the retail KF version.
I didn't watch the xFire video in the other thread, but the still-pic looked like it had a UT2004 Grate-thingy SM in the foreground. You'll have to replace that too, if it is what I think it is.

But it looks like a really good map all around. Good job and thank you!:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Already Done

Already Done

If those two are the lamps I think they are you'll have to replace them for the retail KF version.
I didn't watch the xFire video in the other thread, but the still-pic looked like it had a UT2004 Grate-thingy SM in the foreground. You'll have to replace that too, if it is what I think it is.

I think he's already Myleveled all of the ut2k4 content in his map already

Upvote 0

No need for that he just makes the texture a bit darker and voila. Grate textures, lamp posts and such look so much alike in every game I doubt very much if Epic would sue over it. They might as well start sueing Valve, EA and Ubisoft for having similiar lamp posts in their game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Darn...

Well in that case, it will need nessasary tweaking in order to port aswell.
Im assuming the current classes like,

KFUseTrigger and KFSPLevelInfo is still there:confused:.

If not, it won't take me long to whip up a ported version. No longer than a few days.

Also, look out for my new map KF-Degeneration, which is the Sequel to this map! ... It looks tasty :D

Upvote 0
Props for outstanding map design. I played this with some friends and LOVED IT!

I know this is a bit pre-mature, but I think this could definately be a Resident Evil mod for killing floor. Throw in some ai skins, little scripting here and there, new weapons (maybe?), player skins, and a little bit of polishing and you have a pretty kick *** mod on your hands. You would get a bunch of people (including myself) drooling over it. I have been waiting and waiting for a kick *** resident evil mod based off the movies...

anyways, I got a little off track, but just wanted to say I thouroughly enjoyed your Hive map. (gave me spine tingles and not many games can do that to me)

Upvote 0